FS: Continental IO-520 Overhauled Cylinder Kit

Ted

The pilot formerly known as Twin Engine Ted
Display Name

Display name:
iFlyNothing
I have for sale a cylinder kit overhauled by Teledyne Mattituck (so says the yellow tag). This came with the 310 (which has IO-520-Es). The cylinder was overhauled in 2006 and comes with new rings, all appropriate gaskets, piston, and wrist pin. Take a look at the pictures and the yellow tag to see if this fits your application - my guess is that it should fit any D-rocker IO-520 with high compression (Spike? Lance?).

I've decided to sell this because the new engines on the 310 have new ECi cylinders with them with a warranty. As it is, this cylinder is 6 years old and is used (although it wouldn't have more than about 1300 hours on it since new, guess only), and if we decide to do a top overhaul we'll use our ECi cylinders for that.

I think a new cylinder kit from Continental like this would cost in the range of $1,500. Not really sure what this is worth, but I'll put out an asking price of $800 including shipping or best offer.

Attachments

• Cylinder.jpg
    Cylinder.jpg
    982.6 KB · Views: 40
  • YellowTag.jpg
    YellowTag.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Price reduced!

I suppose I could buy it -- build myself a 310 one piece at a time....

I suppose I could buy it -- build myself a 310 one piece at a time....

Or a Bonanza.

If you put it on the FlyBaby you'd have an O-214.

"...it's a 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 automobile..."

Ahh, my favorite song...

Does it come with the walker or is that extra?

I'm not sure whether that's a serious question that I don't know the answer to or if I'm missing the joke. :)

Oh, right.

Nope, that's not included. Baby will need it soon. :)

Back