FS: Complete 4-camera GoPro setup for aviation recording - $1600 OBO

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
New, out of box, never used. When I purchased Birdie (my TR182), I had grand plans of making a bunch of videos, but have since changed my mind. My loss, your gain. I've put together a complete package for you:

• 4 (four) GoPro Hero 4 Black Edition cameras
  • 8 (eight) SanDisk Extreme 64GB UHS-I/U3 Micro SDXC Memory Card Up To 60MB/s memory cards in an SD-card holder (these are the highest capacity and fastest speed cards the GoPro Hero 4 Black accepts, needed for shooting HD video)
  • 2 (two) SanDisk Ultra 64GB UHS-I/Class 10 Micro SDXC Memory Cards (slightly slower, good for NORMAL video or for time lapse photos of highest resolution) in an SD card holder
  • 10 (ten) batteries
  • 3 (three) GoPro (official) suction cup mounts
  • 4 (four) six-foot MicroUSB power cables (keep those in-cockpit cameras powered via USB in flight, rather than depending on GoPro batteries)
  • 3 (three) zippered camera cases with foam inserts
  • GoPro dual battery charger
  • 4-port USB power distribution system for powering cameras in flight (or, you can use the camera batteries or a localized close-to-the-camera USB power brick to avoid running cords).
  • Multiple camera cases--water-proof, normal, normal with power and av-cord cutouts, etc.
  • Tons of mounts and brackets and connectors (too many to list)
  • 1 polarized filter for reducing camera blur on that "forward through the prop" shot
  • 2 different headphone jack/power cord interface cords (NFlightCam and another) to capture audio directly from the aircraft's intercom system onto your cameras
  • GoPro Smart Remote (controls all cameras from one remote)
  • Antifog inserts

25162293141_cdcf9c8baf_h.jpg

24959857890_c3a6dc93a6_h.jpg

24887788759_735db61c00_h.jpg

24628674433_602ed2ca5b_h.jpg

25162293841_92d5969c26_h.jpg

Crap! You did have some serious recording plans there. I bought a small, no name HD camera about a year ago but haven't yet attached it to the aircraft.

Good luck with the sale.

yowsa, that's some setup! good luck with the sale!

btw you deserve some sort of banner for most insane camera setup.

New, out of box, never used. When I purchased Birdie (my TR182), I had grand plans of making a bunch of videos, but have since changed my mind. My loss, your gain.

This is a *great* deal for someone. Wish I had the need!

LOL, I wanted to do the multi-camera angle professional recording type stuff. I'd rather NOT break it up into individual setups, but if I can't find a buyer for the package, I'll consider doing that for folks that say "sign me up for one" or "put me down for two".

Man, I look at that and think about how awesome that setup would be.
Then I think of the time spend editing it all down...

Man, you were going all out there. What made you change your mind?

I know the editing time would have been insane. Was it that, or concerns about the liability of recording every dang thing you do, even the mistakes, or something else?

Would have been a really nice setup.

I have a couple of cameras and mounts and always think I'm going to do some videos sooner or later but a) I would want to shoot something more interesting than just a trip around the pattern or a bog standard XC, and b) When interesting things are afoot like maybe a solid IMC flight or a mountain flight or whatever, I don't bring the toys along to the airport because they're ultimately a bit of a distraction.

And then the multi camera editing and audio syncing... Ugggghhh. That can be a part time job.

I just saw some crazy new thing for iPhone for event camera work where you set up two remote cameras on tripods somewhere and then also use the iPhone camera for video and the remotes have servos for rotation and zoom and what not. You tell the remotes what to track and the iPhone sends them tracking data for things like faces of band members on a stage or whatever so those remotes get that zoomed in shot, while the iPhone stays wide. Storage is all back in the iOS device as far as I can tell from the video and you can direct shots and what's on the video in real time or edit it and do the camera transitions afterward on iOS.

It'd be interesting to see how the videos actually come out.

@TangoWhiskey; What's the update on this sale.....

Getting sorta kinda interested in some of it....

This would be perfect for my Alaska trip in July. Hmmmmm.....

Ha, maybe I put together a rental package, for those "big trips" when you want cameras (but don't always want them).

That is not a bad idea at all... You have 2-3K worth of gear there. Rent it for $450 a week or something.

If you're willing to rent...then I might talk to you about my YE project in April.

I've decided not to sell it. Spent some time at the hangar today and got all four cameras configured, positioned and ready for filming.

Back