For Sale: Aircraft FS: Cessna 150M 1975 N63149 (8170TT, 291SMOH)

mtuomi

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
dera
It's time to go 4 seats, so reluctantly I'm putting my 150 for sale.

Plane is a Cessna 150M, N63149, s/n 15077138. Current TT is 8170, and engine has 291hrs since overhaul. Latest annual inspection was October/2016. Times change, I fly this plane a lot. I've averaged 50 hours / month lately. I have no problems taking this plane anywhere, I trust it 100%. I've flown it coast to coast once, and have taken long cross countries with no problems at all.
1975 is a great 150 to own, it has the bigger tail, circuit breakers instead of fuses, late style landing gear and so on.

Engine:
Overhaul was done in 2012.
It was a "field overhaul", done to new limits, and parts were sent to reputable companies (Divco, Rick Romans). The engine has not missed a beat, it starts easy, has no temp issues (new baffles) and holds great oil pressure.
Oil consumption is around 1qt/20 hours.
Left mag was overhauled at 8140TT. Alternator replaced at 7956TT. Oil changes every 50 hours.

Panel:
In the radio stack, the plane has an Apollo GX55 IFR-ready GPS, an Icom A-200 COMM, and TKM MX300 NAV/COMM w/GS. I've confirmed with TKM that the ser.nr is fresh enough so they will service it (older MX300's are obsolete, TKM doesn't repair them).
It has a Garmin GTX320 solid state transponder, and a marker beacon.
It has ARC indicators, which work well, are reliable, and are cheap to replace.
GPS has a month old database.

Plane is IFR certified, latest Static/transponder check was done Jan/2017

All gyros work great, and attitude indicator was replaced at 7956TT. DG does not need any adjusting on a 3 hour flight.

Airframe:

Plane is an Arizona/Texas plane, been in AZ for almost 40 years, so has no corrosion issues. The paint is 7-8/10, interior 6-7/10. Seats are perfectly serviceable, passenger seat is easily 9/10, drivers seat has a few tears but it still presents well. Plastics are average. Seat belts are almost new and have the correct tags attached to them.
All exterior lights have been replaced with LEDs. Nav lights/tail beacon/position light are PSA LED's, and landing light is a Whelen Parmetheus. You can keep all lights on all the time, there's hardly any current draw from them.
I've replaced a lot of small bits and kept up with maintenance, there's no long laundry list of squawks that need addressing immediately.

Useful load is 464lbs.
All ADs are up to date and logs are in good order. It has full logs.
No damage history in the past 10 years. A few events, one in 2003, one 2006. Flies straight and true.

I'm happy to listen to offers, but for the ballpark figure, I'd ask $24900.

Plane is located in Atlanta, GA KPDK.

1 by , on Flickr

2 by , on Flickr

4 by , on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice, clean looking bird...priced fair too. Make a good IFR trainer.
I miss my 150 sometimes. It was so simple, and great for air-to-ground photo shoots being somewhat slow and with those swing-out windows.

Nice looking bird. Good luck with the sell!

Congratulations to you and the new owner. She looks great. :yes:

Congrats!! What a nice 150. I'd have been all over that. Wifey says "why would you buy something with only 2 seats" but when I'm flying it's 90%+ just me or me and one of my sons.

Now that it sold....you know you're flying a 150 when you get a bird strike, from behind....

This is the plane I soloed in back around 1976-1977 while in college. I soloed at Herbert Smart Airport in Macon, Georgia. So happy to see it still exists! :) I never finished my training to get my license, but I have so many good memories from that time.

Attachments

• Solo Flight.jpg
    Solo Flight.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 66
This is the plane I soloed in back around 1976-1977 while in college. I soloed at Herbert Smart Airport in Macon, Georgia. So happy to see it still exists! :) I never finished my training to get my license, but I have so many good memories from that time.

Wow, I only saw this now. Awesome! I'll forward the pic to the current owner!

Back