FS: AV80R benxdixKing by Honeywell

why couldn't you figure it out? it should just be a matter of providing power and turning it on?

I got that part but mess with it more and to begin with it was too much for me or my friend since we couldn't use the avaition part of it anyway. So, if anyone wants it, it's NEW and UNUSED.

I was going to post it in auction sites and classified listings out there but no one would know what it is unless they are Pilots. That is why I posted it in this forum.

Thanks.

To the guys that PM'ed me, not to disrespect... I may not know how much about the item but the one thing I know this it is worth more than $100 or even $300. List price is at least $799 depending where you go. Cmon' low-ballin'.... really.

hey, pilots are cheap. i'll give you $301 :D

RZ:

Please don't be insulted by offers of people to send you money in exchange for something you have and don't want or need. THis is not your child you're selling here - it's a GPS.

And while we're engaged in friendly banter, I'd suggest that you post the model number and options included, so the potential purchasers can understand just what it is that they are buying.

For what it is worth, the AV8OR, brand new in-box with warranty, sells for $599.00 from Sporty's, and could likely be purchased for less with a little effort. There is a certain measure of risk and a commensurate value reduction in purchasing from an individual, rather than from a dealer, so (again) please don't be insulted if folks offer less than you'd like to get.

If you get an offer that is too low, you can strike back in the most effective way - just say, "no."

RZ:

Please don't be insulted by offers of people to send you money in exchange for something you have and don't want or need. THis is not your child you're selling here - it's a GPS.

And while we're engaged in friendly banter, I'd suggest that you post the model number and options included, so the potential purchasers can understand just what it is that they are buying.

For what it is worth, the AV8OR, brand new in-box with warranty, sells for $599.00 from Sporty's, and could likely be purchased for less with a little effort. There is a certain measure of risk and a commensurate value reduction in purchasing from an individual, rather than from a dealer, so (again) please don't be insulted if folks offer less than you'd like to get.

If you get an offer that is too low, you can strike back in the most effective way - just say, "no."

Well said, not to mention this guy just shows up out of nowhere with something we just might want to buy. I've got a bridge for sale with the right offer.

Sir,

As you stated in your first post, your not a pilot. You do not know how to use the item, and it is clear that your unsure of what you have.

As the pilots here do have an understanding of the AV80R, and you do not, they are in a much better position to determine the value than you are and the apppropriateness in the market of pricing of a used Bendix King AV80R. This is not a high demand item. You have stated that you can not get it to work. It is unknown if it even functions. So are you providing a warranty that it does work? As stated your unsure of which model US, Brazil? etc. options WXworz? etc.

Its up to you to determine if you wish to sell or not, but first determine what you are offering.

Mirage

Not to mention it was won in an auction. Therefore, any price you get for it is profit, even a dollar.

RZ:
Please don't be insulted by offers of people ...

None taken.

I agree.

Well said, not to mention this guy just shows up out of nowhere with something we just might want to buy. I've got a bridge for sale with the right offer.

Well let's think about. If you had a bridge to sell, would you agree the best place to sell it at is at a bridge forum :goofy:. Why waste time posting it in eBay, craigslist, etc. there are far from few folks out there who would even know what a AV80R is. And that is why
this guy shows up out of nowhere

Not to mention it was won in an auction. Therefore, any price you get for it is profit, even a dollar.

Not an auction dude. Please let me know when you have something for sale. I got dibs, will you take a dollar. C'mon really.

You know I really dont understand why I am getting all this flack from this site. There's another person here selling something same if not similar (http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37509) and I dont see you all giving her a hard time.

Sir,

As you stated in your first post, your not a pilot. You do not know how to use the item, and it is clear that your unsure of what you have.

As the pilots here do have an understanding of the AV80R, and you do not, they are in a much better position to determine the value than you are and the apppropriateness in the market of pricing of a used Bendix King AV80R. This is not a high demand item. You have stated that you can not get it to work. It is unknown if it even functions. So are you providing a warranty that it does work? As stated your unsure of which model US, Brazil? etc. options WXworz? etc.

and that is why I didnt not want to waste time with ebay or any other sites out there. I also never said that I could not get it to work. So to all of you out there... it works, I will post pics tomorrow since I have it at work and so we are all clear.

Why will I offer warranty for something that is NIB. :rolleyes2:

Like I said in my response to Jesse above. I just dont want to mess with it, plus I'd never use it anyway since I have a GPS already.

Again would it not be smarter post it in a site where someone who may have more use for it than myself. I dont think a car forum or bridge forum would have a use for this. Unless cars and bridges can fly. :thumbsup:

And if anyone really wants more info such as

...which model US, Brazil? etc. options WXworz? etc.

maybe help a non-pilot person here how to get that info to you. I never said I was unsure Mirage. :wink2:

This site isn't EBay. Put the item on EBay and if you want post a note letting people know it is there than that will be fine. Otherwise, that is what EBay is for.

This site isn't EBay. Put the item on EBay and if you want post a note letting people know it is there than that will be fine. Otherwise, that is what EBay is for.
This site has a Classifieds section for the posting of ads. No where is there a requirement that one may only sell via eBay and only post eBay links on PoA. Personally I like the way we have our classified section and see no reason to force every one to use eBay.

The seller here did nothing improper with the posting of his ad.

Isn't this what a Classified area is for.

Sure, but when you post something with no asking price, and post back complaining about low offers, you should expect a bashing.

House prices aren't listed on the sign because the Realtor wants to drag you into a relationship. I doubt a GPS seller is withholding the price for the same reasons. In my opinion, there's no reason to post something for sale with no price listed. I won't bother asking.

Sure, but when you post something with no asking price, and post back complaining about low offers, you should expect a bashing.

House prices aren't listed on the sign because the Realtor wants to drag you into a relationship. I doubt a GPS seller is withholding the price for the same reasons. In my opinion, there's no reason to post something for sale with no price listed. I won't bother asking.
Nothing wrong with holding out for the best offer. It is no different than someone posting an ad and saying 'what'll give me for this'?

You'll get a bunch of low ball amounts, but that is up to the seller to deal with.

Classifieds are fine. But if you want to make this an auction site don't get ****ed when people low-ball you and don't be surprised when the site gets overrun with bidding posts instead of aviation posts. EBay is for holding an on-line auction, not this forum.

Hey RZC
Won it in a raffle? Is it in the box or not? Printed off instructions?
What kind of conference gives away something without instructions,accesories,original box?
Not to accuse falsely, but maybe someone else owned this unit and maybe it was lifted out of someones flight bag somewhere.
Maybe post the s/n to give potential buyers the confidence that they're not buying something hot.
You have the instructions ,looked up garmin, printed them off, found this site,logged on,found the classifieds, and can't figure out the AV8OR.
Hmmmmm

easy everyone...

easy everyone...
Yes ,Yes, I know, but that little alarm in my brain went off.:hairraise: Sounded fishy, but maybe purely legit. If I wanted one I'd spend the $599 and have all the accessories,factory printed instructions, and peace of mind with a registered unit. Just me maybe:cornut:
I'll finish this way -RZ if this is all on the up and up I hope you get as much as you can and I apologize for my thoughts:cheerswine:, if it's not, I hope you get( or your buddy)--------------------- caught:ihih:

rzc, is it US maps? What's the date on the memory card?

Is this the normal, or does it say ACE on the front? (ie, is it about 5" long or about 8" long?)

Can you post a pic of the accessories, etc that are with it (ie, does it include the yoke and suction mounts, or is it just the bare unit?)

Thanks!

-Josh

Back