FS: ACS A-510-2 Ignition Switch

jesse

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jesse
I knew a guy that lost the keys to a Debonair while on a cross country. I guess if you don't write the key code number down there isn't an easy way to get another one. In an effort to not screw around any further, he/she simply overnighted another ignition switch of the same model (that came with a new key) and swapped the switches out.

A few weeks later, of course, that guy finds the key for the ignition switch. Somehow I end up with it.

So I have a ACS A-510-2 that has a mfg date of 10-03-11 and includes all the hardware and one key. At the time it was removed (11-2012) it had been in service for much less than a year and had less than 100 hours tach time on it (or so some guy told me).

Pics:
BhSt7Nu.jpg

okp7S1G.jpg

P0vNT5w.jpg

Same thing as:
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/elpages/igswitches.php?clickkey=13193 (the A-510-2, with starter position)

Retails for $143. I'll sell it for $75, shipped.

Last edited:
Bump..$50 shipped and it's yours.

I aborted a takeoff due to it being my first flight after annual and being a little cautious. Called up my mechanic and asked him to check it out. Told him I'd bring him the key later in the day. He called an hour later and said that the mag timing was a little off, I replied "I'll bring the key down and check it out in a few hours". he called back said he'd made a couple of passes down the runway in it. I asked "How?" he said, "My key fit" :D

Let me see if this guy fits my plane, if it does, I'll send you the cash.

I can't imagine it being much trouble to re-key my door and baggage door to fit, pretty much any key sort of resembling my key will work in any of them.

LOL, any competent locksmith can make a key for it in an hour max.

Back