FS: A Nice 1973 Piper Arrow II

taters

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Taters
post deleted

Last edited:
I've never been in an Arrow, but they seem quite similar to my Sierra. The picture sure makes those back seats look roomy.

Nice looking airplane,good luck on a sale.

I've never been in an Arrow, but they seem quite similar to my Sierra. The picture sure makes those back seats look roomy.

It's an archer with wheel that hide:yes:

Ive recently been in a Sierra...cabin was like an L10-11 :goofy:

The "captain chairs" really beat the old bench seats.

I really like the arrow I'm renting now. Silly question, 180 or 200hp? I also can't recall if it was 73 or 74 that they stretched the arrow like 10 inches or so.

ouch, sorry.....two nose gear collapses and one gear up, otherwise looks nice.

This one in great condition as well , located in WY.

ouch, sorry.....two nose gear collapses and one gear up, otherwise looks nice.

I'm a non-owner, day-dreaming, window-shopper, and am curious how much of a deterrent something like a gear-up landing is. It's something to make you cringe initially, but after documented repairs are made, is it really something to worry about later? :dunno:

I'm a non-owner, day-dreaming, window-shopper, and am curious how much of a deterrent something like a gear-up landing is. It's something to make you cringe initially, but after documented repairs are made, is it really something to worry about later? :dunno:

Properly repaired, which can be verified by someone competent, it's really no worry at all IMO.

Worth every penny you paid for it (I.e. Nothing) but I saw an appraisal for damage history of a 30 year old and 6000 hr ago gear up and it was like -$400. At the end of the day though if you can't sell the plane because of it it makes it worth a lot less... but how much does one really care about a gear up 30 years and 6000 hrs ago... What does that really mean?

Does the teddy bear come with it?

that and Ill throw in a new set of floor mats !

there was an AD 94-14-14 for nose gear collapse on these models. AFAIK the new bolt does the job.

(I'm tire kicking) What are the performance numbers on an arrow such as this?

(I'm tire kicking) What are the performance numbers on an arrow such as this?

I'm an Arrow II owner, I do not speak for the aircraft in question, lest the sensitive nancies on here get upset about people opining about the condition of whatever they're peddling, but a 3-bladed prop is around a 3-5 knot penalty IME. On an Arrow, that's significant only because they're already slow compared to a mooney J or Cardinal.

I have flap and aileron seals, flap hinge seals, wing root seals and wheel well lobes, my flaps could probably get a tweak, but otherwise 2-bladed prop. I do between 133-138 at 9gph (65%) at 7.5-9.5k from 200# ubndergross to about one hour of fuel remaining with 2+1 on board and 70 pounds of crap in the back. 5 knots less for 8gph (55%). So, without any fairings or seals, plus a 3blade, you're probably looking at a 125 block bird. YMMV.

I'm an Arrow II owner, I do not speak for the aircraft in question, lest the sensitive nancies on here get upset about people opining about the condition of whatever they're peddling, but a 3-bladed prop is around a 3-5 knot penalty IME. On an Arrow, that's significant only because they're already slow compared to a mooney J or Cardinal.

I have flap and aileron seals, flap hinge seals, wing root seals and wheel well lobes, my flaps could probably get a tweak, but otherwise 2-bladed prop. I do between 133-138 at 9gph (65%) at 7.5-9.5k from 200# ubndergross to about one hour of fuel remaining with 2+1 on board and 70 pounds of crap in the back. 5 knots less for 8gph (55%). So, without any fairings or seals, plus a 3blade, you're probably looking at a 125 block bird. YMMV.

Me and the owner pulled about 135-137 75% power

Back