FS: 2003 Honda VTX1800 Motorcycle

Ted

The pilot formerly known as Twin Engine Ted
Display Name

Display name:
iFlyNothing
It's time for me to change up the garage and sell some of my toys (so I can buy some other ones).

I bought this VTX two years ago because I wanted a good trip bike that I could ride long distances. It has excelled in that regard, having ridden it about 9,000 miles in two years (a hair under 19,000 miles total). I rode it to Osh in 2008 and have ridden it to Boston several times. It's never given me any troubles, handles great, and is very comfortable for long trips. The reason I'm selling it is because I wanted something sportier, and recently bought an RC51. The main thing I liked about this is the water cooled engine. You can sit in traffic on boiling hot days and the thing will not overheat, which is a great feature vs. most of the air-cooled V-twins out there.

Put it on eBay once, and the winner was a deadbeat. I have a link to the listing below. I'd like to get $6,000 out of it, but will entertain offers for less, giving preference to PoA members (reserve is $5,000). PM me if interested!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170468994113

I was gonna save up for a bike this summer, but I need to pay for someone to haul me to Gaston's in their beautiful Aztec...:rolleyes:

Looks like a nice bike Ted. I've had really good luck with the local Craigslist, sold a car and a bike, both for bluebook value and both within a week's time.

Back