FS: 195 Project

MtnMarcus

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
PropWash
The gentleman I purchased my 182 from has a 195 Project in the back of the hangar he would like to sell. Prop and engine are 95% done. Everything else will be pretty much a ground up restoration, and could be purchased very reasonably. Plane is located in SE, Idaho. PM me if interested

The gentleman I purchased my 182 from has a 195 Project in the back of the hangar he would like to sell. Prop and engine are 95% done. Everything else will be pretty much a ground up restoration, and could be purchased very reasonably. Plane is located in SE, Idaho. PM me if interested

Ya got my interest, price, or loose it.

The number he threw out was 30K.

Never understood why they work on the engine first; inspect to make sure what you have but do the airframe first. Seen oh'd engines sit for >10 years while the airframe is restored.

Never understood why they work on the engine first; inspect to make sure what you have but do the airframe first. Seen oh'd engines sit for >10 years while the airframe is restored.

Agreed. In this particular instance, both airframe and engine were to happen simultaneously. Unfortunately, the owner got an illness that prevented him to do the airframe while the mechanic continue with the engine.

I'm confused, does that mean it will already be done upon the the purchase, or it will all still need to be done?

I'm confused, does that mean it will already be done upon the the purchase, or it will all still need to be done?

I took it as engine and prop are rebuilt, but airframe would need ground up restoration.

YMMV.

I took it as engine and prop are rebuilt, but airframe would need ground up restoration.

YMMV.

That would make $30k very iffy, it would have to be in excellent airframe condition. If it just needs paint and interior and the engine to be completed and hung, it would work out (unless the other 5% of the engine is some expensive nightmare), otherwise, complete and flying 195s are available for less money than getting this one up to spec, with none of the time wasted.

Agreed. In this particular instance, both airframe and engine were to happen simultaneously. Unfortunately, the owner got an illness that prevented him to do the airframe while the mechanic continue with the engine.

that makes sense.

Bummer. I wish him luck. He may have to put it in flying, at least ferriable, condition to sell though. The market is not good for projects when good flying copies are not scarce. How much did Greg end up getting for his?

That would make $30k very iffy, it would have to be in excellent airframe condition. If it just needs paint and interior and the engine to be completed and hung, it would work out (unless the other 5% of the engine is some expensive nightmare), otherwise, complete and flying 195s are available for less money than getting this one up to spec, with none of the time wasted.

Show me one.

Bummer. I wish him luck. He may have to put it in flying, at least ferriable, condition to sell though. The market is not good for projects when good flying copies are not scarce. How much did Greg end up getting for his?

The last one that sold on the T-A-P sold for 55k and it was not a fresh engine. and had damage to repair.

This one has a fresh engine, ($60k) From the Curry Brothers, (radial engines inc) the fuselage is stripped, etch prime and paint ($5k) new windows ($1k), interior ($5-6K)
other stuff ($10-15k)

and you'll have a $100K Aircraft.

Greg's needed an engine overhaul.

Back