FS: 1946 Champ w/A-65

hook_dupin

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Hook_dupin
For sale: 1946 Aeronca Champ. About 4k total and 900 SMOH. Recover completed in '08. $27K. Located in FL panhandle.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
You have to love what LSA did for the price of the Champs, Cubs and Luscumbes.

Is it LSA eligible?

I haven't seen huge price diffs in LSA-elig vs non?

Sorry to hear about that Hook. She was a really fun aircraft to fly! Hopefully you are looking for a new bird to have fun with.

I can personally vouch for this aircraft. Very clean interior, fabric is in excellent condition, and fly's like a dream.

I got my tailwheel endorsement in this aircraft

Very fun!

It is! It's under 1320 max gross.

Gross for a 7AC will be 1220, empty varies but should be no more than 820 or so, with less being better. Stall is about 38 mph. Cruise about 80, maybe 85 on a good day. Maybe.

Should easily qualify for LSA.

But so much fun cruising around on a calm evening, or scooting in and out of grass strips.

And, it must be said, it will teach you to use your feet. If we have to lose a taildragger thread to wankel engines, we should be able to hijack a Champ thread. I hope a non-taildragger pilot buys this thing and finds out what's so neat about recreational taildragging.

bumper-i-love-to-drag-my-tail-b.jpg

Dan

I haven't seen huge price diffs in LSA-elig vs non?[/QUOTE]
Before there was LSA the old Champs and Cubs could be bought for under $15K, now you can't hardly touch one for under $25K.

But so much fun cruising around on a calm evening, or scooting in and out of grass strips.

And, it must be said, it will teach you to use your feet. If we have to lose a taildragger thread to wankel engines, we should be able to hijack a Champ thread. I hope a non-taildragger pilot buys this thing and finds out what's so neat about recreational taildragging.

Dan

This Champ is like my high-school girl friend. She taught me much, and I'll never forget her. That said, I now live and work at a busy airport under the Boston Class B. The Champ just doesn't fit into this madness. She belongs on a grass strip where you can clear the trees, slip her sideways, and bring her in for a nice 3-pointer... all while having your elbow out the window. Headsets not required.

I really hope she finds the right home.

She belongs on a grass strip where you can clear the trees, slip her sideways, and bring her in for a nice 3-pointer... all while having your elbow out the window. Headsets not required.

Sounds exactly how I got my T/W endorsement at Red Stewart airfield (except for the nice 3-Pointer :wink2:).

Cheers

Before there was LSA the old Champs and Cubs could be bought for under $15K, now you can't hardly touch one for under $25K.

Cubs have always commanded a premium price. They were never in my lifetime in the same category price wise as a Champ.

Well, at least not in my memory.

Sounds exactly how I got my T/W endorsement at Red Stewart airfield (except for the nice 3-Pointer :wink2:).

Cheers

Did my TW there too!

Just rented a hangar at Moraine (I73) as its much closer to home, now trying to find something grass-happy to live there... know anything local for sale or someone looking for a partner, or someone to reengine/get running something dormant? :)

-Mike

Back