FS: $100 - Personal Air to Air Photography - Pilot Portraits

phillipny

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
phillipny
Hey guys,

We are going to do a special price for 1x shoot of Air-to-Air Photography for your plane, that includes the photo ship and photographer for only $100, everything included.

If you are interested, or know any pilots who are, this package includes all the professional photography, and some video -- for only $100. Our costs for transportation are included, and if you can fly flaps up at 120k without stalling, then our photo ship PA28-180 is also included.

We are only able to do 1x of these lower priced shoots, since the plane, Av Gas and travel will cost much more, but happy to meet some forum members since we are flying around the country a lot this summer.

Check a sample of our work below and inquire if interested.

Normally we charge more, depending on the complexity of the shoot. Samples below and at our Aerial Photography/Aviation site
http://pilotportraits.com
Phillip

Contact us here if interested
support@pilotportraits.com

Pictures and Pilots below, as well as current MAP of those interested

PilotPortraitsTour_Map.jpg

PHL_4559PilotPortraits20150605PhillipAngert.jpg

PHL_6174PilotPortraits20150606PhillipAngert.jpg

PHL_2298PilotPortraitsN20CS20150531PhillipAngert.jpg

chieftain_1.jpg

2.jpg

book_image17.jpg

book_image03.jpg

book_image15.jpg

book_image05.jpg

image005.jpg

image006.jpg

image007.jpg

image007b.jpg

image008.jpg

image009.jpg

image010.jpg

image013.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, you just have to shoot at a slower shutter speed, and keep the camera very still

chieftain_2.jpg

Hey guys,

Check the map below if you are pin'ed here. I got a bunch of messages and some did not include their home base airport.

If you don't see your pin down here, send me a quick message.

And its true, $100 barely covers the expenses, but If im meeting with 4-5x guys at the same field it will make it worth it.

Let me know if you are interested. Im doing 2-3x USA crossings this summer.
Phillip

PilotPortraitsTour_Map.jpg

If you make it down to Houston (I see a pin nearby, at least), I'd love to get an in-flight photo of my aircraft!

I'd drop a C-note on that.

Suggestion: come to the Gaston's Fly-In. Lots of people there with their sky-buggies, and great terrain over which to shoot.

Plus, you get to meet a bunch of cool folks (and me, too).

Thanks for all the messages guys. Ive got you all in the system for the shoots. We are getting organized for these small meetups, which I believe Ive catalyzed into a cool series of fly-ins this summer!

Here is the calendar below, for the next 3 weeks if you'd like to meet up with our growing groups. Ill update with the mid-west and texas shoots soon.

Please email us soon if you are interested for Southern California below, lot of pilots getting organized and Location TBD in the next few days

May 28-May 31 North East Region -- Block Island? Montauk?
June 3-7 Southern California Region -- Catalina? Let me know your preference
June 9-14 North East Region -- Marthas Vineyard? Montauk?

PilotPortraitsTour_Calendar.jpeg

Hey guys, I got you all in the map and schedule now. Thanks for all the PMs and phone calls.

Our first fly-in and shoot will be this weekend in the North East Region.

We are planning Saturday (& Sunday if weather is ok) to meet at KBID, block island airport, at 1pm and get organized for a shoot with the island backdrop.

If you would like to meet this weekend, PM or email, and we'll get you photographed

Looking forward to posting the pics for everyone to see
P

I'm aware of that. I'll take an overexposed photo and try to fix it in Lightroom before I'll save a picture of an in flight airplane with a frozen prop. Just my preference.

Yeah, sometimes that's tough on a bright day.

I just use a neutral density filter on the lens to allow me to open the shutter up longer and blur the props. It's effectively a piece of gray tint that limits light going in. They even have them rated to 10 stops, almost a welding lens, so you can do long exposure in daylight. You could shoot the plane on the ground and have the clouds melt in the background. Its not good for shooting people though, unless you can stand perfectly still for 20 minutes:D

I just use a neutral density filter on the lens to allow me to open the shutter up longer and blur the props. It's effectively a piece of gray tint that limits light going in. They even have them rated to 10 stops, almost a welding lens, so you can do long exposure in daylight. You could shoot the plane on the ground and have the clouds melt in the background. Its not good for shooting people though, unless you can stand perfectly still for 20 minutes:D

Yeah, I know about ND filters and pretty much detest them.

Got some great pictures yesterday over Block Island with N20CS. Pilots from my photo plane (Alex) and subject plane (Anil) were pros and we got to show you guys what we can do! Enjoy below.

Ill post more on the website so others can see, and also took some great rear facing HD video that I captured of the subject plane, I'll post that as well for you guys.

PHL_2298PilotPortraitsN20CS20150531PhillipAngert.jpg

PHL_2555PilotPortraitsN20CS20150531PhillipAngert.jpg

PHL_2576PilotPortraitsN20CS20150531PhillipAngert.jpg

PHL_2715PilotPortraitsN20CS20150531PhillipAngert.jpg

PHL_2740PilotPortraitsN20CS20150531PhillipAngert.jpg

PHL_2967PilotPortraitsN20CS20150531PhillipAngert.jpg

PHL_2978PilotPortraitsN20CS20150531PhillipAngert.jpg

PHL_3021PilotPortraitsN20CS20150531PhillipAngert.jpg

So, kind of back to Ron's question, who is flying the subject plane? Is it the owner? If so, how close is this formation? Air to air shoots with untrained noobs have led to fatalities in the past. Makes me kind of nervous.

Subject pilot is the owner. A formation veteran from the bonanzas to Osh group

Subject pilot is the owner. A formation veteran from the bonanzas to Osh group
Subject pilot is the owner? So if I was wanting my Cessna shot, your pilot would fly my plane or the formation veteran is in the front aircraft?
I've done air to air before as the pilot and as a photographer. It can be challenging, formation is challenging, I don't want to fly with someone I have never flown formation with before, or have a pretty good idea of what they do / are capable of.

dQTc8xIg_ckm_MfGvymFac5YCt825OXdVqsM5WW06wo=w1164-h873-no

In this case, the owner of the Bonanza is also a formation veteran, and is flying it is the way I read it. Owners fly their plane.

If you use a long enough lens, you can avoid tight formation and get a better overal image to boot.

Just finished the video from our weekend flight. This is a mix of action cam, stop-motion Photos animated together and a little iphone and cockpit audio.

Enjoy and PM me if you are interested in the So Cal shoot this weekend, or Texas/Midwest coming up soon.

https://vimeo.com/129590205

Last edited:
Great video.

What kind of airplane were you using for the camera ship?

Hey guys, I got around to updating the map with all new PMs, Emails, posts, etc. (Check earlier post in this thread). So this is the most up to date map, uploaded on June 3, 2015

If you dont see your pin, PM or or email me, and Ill include it on the zoomed out USA map.

I am currently in Los Angeles for a commercial photo job. Here are all the pins for the SouthWest region and Ive sent out a group email to all of you
- if youd like to meet this weekend (I am free Friday, Saturday and Sunday.. then commercial flight back to NYC)
- if you have any pilot friends interested in joining up
- the weather today landing at LAX was similar to "june-gloom" weather in this area. 2000 OVC solid to 7000'. Breaking up around 1:30-2:00pm.
- Current plan is Catalina, but we will pick an alternate if this marine layer continues in the same pattern

Updated map here

PilotPortraitsTour_Map_SW.jpg

Incredible shoot today with the T-6, RV8 and Glasair. Tomorrow a big group of us meeting and sunday too. Southwest region guys have been awesome to fly with so far.

Plus, I had the best photo ship ever!

PHL_3746PilotPortraits20150605PhillipAngert.jpg

PHL_4559PilotPortraits20150605PhillipAngert.jpg

PHL_4194PilotPortraits20150605PhillipAngert.jpg

PHL_3706PilotPortraits20150605PhillipAngert.jpg

PHL_3322PilotPortraits20150605PhillipAngert.jpg

Pics below from the So Cal group today (June 6, 2015) over the Dana Point coastline.

Really perfect California day for air-to-air photos! More to come when I get back to my studio in New York City

PHL_4620PilotPortraits20150606PhillipAngert.jpg

PHL_6174PilotPortraits20150606PhillipAngert.jpg

PHL_5101PilotPortraits20150606PhillipAngert.jpg

PHL_5686PilotPortraits20150606PhillipAngert.jpg

PHL_5530PilotPortraits20150606PhillipAngert.jpg

PHL_4948PilotPortraits20150606PhillipAngert.jpg

PHL_6210PilotPortraits20150606PhillipAngert.jpg

PHL_5588PilotPortraits20150606PhillipAngert.jpg

PHL_5815PilotPortraits20150606PhillipAngert.jpg

PHL_5233PilotPortraits20150606PhillipAngert.jpg

PHL_4699PilotPortraits20150606PhillipAngert.jpg

We are planning for this Friday, Sat, Sun in the Northeast Region if anyone would like to meet in these areas:

- New York
- Vermont
- New Hampshire
- Mass
- Connecticut

PM or email me, happy to get you guys in the group this week

Current map of NE region pilots
PilotPortraitsTour_MapNE.jpg

p

Last edited:
All PMs replied for this weekend shoot

Hey guys, I got around to updating the map with all new PMs, Emails, posts, etc. (Check earlier post in this thread). So this is the most up to date map, uploaded on June 3, 2015

If you dont see your pin, PM or or email me, and Ill include it on the zoomed out USA map.

I am currently in Los Angeles for a commercial photo job. Here are all the pins for the SouthWest region and Ive sent out a group email to all of you
- if youd like to meet this weekend (I am free Friday, Saturday and Sunday.. then commercial flight back to NYC)
- if you have any pilot friends interested in joining up
- the weather today landing at LAX was similar to "june-gloom" weather in this area. 2000 OVC solid to 7000'. Breaking up around 1:30-2:00pm.
- Current plan is Catalina, but we will pick an alternate if this marine layer continues in the same pattern

Updated map here

PilotPortraitsTour_Map_SW.jpg

Cajon Pass allows you the opportunity to shoot upwards at a plane that is flying below the trucks behind it. :D

If anyone is free today in NorthEast region, we have a good group meeting at KWST at 3pm. Bonanzas, Cirrus and a SuperD for acrobatics!

I'll post new pictures tonight

If you ever get to S.E. Alaska (Juneau), I would be interested. Could most likely several planes to sign up, some private and some commercial....:yes:

Great pics from the North East group yesterday. Mix of Cirrus pilots and a Super Decathalon doing acrobatics. Very cool, movie post shortly.

Everyone chipped in about 2-3x extra on the $99 fee. Nice group of guys.

PHL_7443PilotPortraits20150613PhillipAngert.jpg

PHL_6998PilotPortraits20150613PhillipAngert.jpg

PHL_6764PilotPortraits20150613PhillipAngert.jpg

PHL_6783PilotPortraits20150613PhillipAngert.jpg

PHL_6706PilotPortraits20150613PhillipAngert.jpg

We are in the Nashville/Memphis area next week if anyone wants to meet along the way

- NYC to Tennessee and back

How Where & When?
In S. Fla.???
KSEF For a weekend might be a good S. Fla. location, as its centrally located & Many pliots gather there for weekend eats & talks. Great terminal & area for you to coordinate. FBO is super friendly. :D
CaptGary
N3490R

How Where & When?
In S. Fla.???
KSEF For a weekend might be a good S. Fla. location, as its centrally located & Many pilots gather there for weekend eats & talks. Great terminal & area for you to coordinate. FBO is super friendly. :D
CaptGary
N3490R

Back