FRZ scope creep...

Steve said:
Not to be outdone by DC...we've upped our standards, so up yours!

http://faa.gov/news/news_story.cfm?type=flight_advisory&year=2005&date=082905

{We're not happy until you're not happy.}

The NPRM for the permanent ADIZ will make this much more common place. I expect that Mayor Daley will put one up around Chicago, since he cited that Meigs was a security threat.

With a little paranoia and luck, every Class B airspace in the country will be ADIZ'd. The ADIZs are deterents to GA. After all, the elimination of GA will make the USA safe and the airlines will be profitable again.

Looks like to me, that GA is doomed and there's nothing we can do about it. Inside GA there's not enough political clout to effect change, and outside GA there's not a lot of support.

Last edited:
The UN TFR is actually temporary.

Let's face it - for the 60th anniversary, a LOT of Heads of State will be attending. Talk about putting all of your eggs in one basket. On top of that, it would be insulting to other leaders to have a big TFR for OUR leader and not for them.

This one actually makes sense, if you support the concept of TFR's or ADIZ for VIP's at all (I'm not sure whether I do or not).

MSmith said:
The UN TFR is actually temporary.

Let's face it - for the 60th anniversary, a LOT of Heads of State will be attending. Talk about putting all of your eggs in one basket. On top of that, it would be insulting to other leaders to have a big TFR for OUR leader and not for them.

This one actually makes sense, if you support the concept of TFR's or ADIZ for VIP's at all (I'm not sure whether I do or not).

I support the TFRs for this purpose and they make sense. What I see is they are using the ADIZ label instead of just TFR, and that frightens me because it's starting to legitimize the ADIZ. At least the one in NY area really was temporary.

jdwatson said:
I support the TFRs for this purpose and they make sense. What I see is they are using the ADIZ label instead of just TFR, and that frightens me because it's starting to legitimize the ADIZ. At least the one in NY area really was temporary.

Ah, now that IS a good point. I agree.

As Mark Smith said, there will be a lot of heads of state. Given that it won't be just one President but many, do you suppose this will be the one where they actually do shoot the stray pilot?

That is predicated on the perception that many heads of state are more valuable than one US Presdent.

Back