Frustrated and no where to go with my flight training

Sounds like a cylinder break in

That is what they were doing with the Skycatcher last year when it had a broken cylinder. I assuming that the cylinder is broken again and repeating the process of the engine break in.

Ah ok. But why does that mean you can't do more than straight and level? Do you have to run it at only one power setting for a while?

Yep, wide ass open and low altitude. Anything that resembles flight training is not good.

and they are going to do this by letting renters take it out?

Yep, some will call the regulars and give them a cut rate to break in the cylinders. Depending on what religion the A&P is and what type of cylinders are installed, break in could be a few hours or 50, better to let someone else pay for those hours.

Last edited:
That is what they were doing with the Skycatcher last year when it had a broken cylinder. I assuming that the cylinder is broken again and repeating the process of the engine break in.

Hmmmm... An O-200 cracking? jugs? Is that common on an O200? I don't recall any of the cessna 150s I've been around ever needing a new jug.

Kevin, as I recall there is or was an aeronca champ for rent in your area that you declined to consider. You have always been fixated on this one particular airplane. The only thing limiting your options is you.
BUMP!
Is there anything stopping you from getting a medical?
There is but he has never shared it, which is perfectly approrpriate, too.

Back