Frontiers of Flight Museum at KDAL

Pbtx0

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Paul
Has anyone flown in here? I'm not sure if it's possible. I called the museum and the friendly girl on the phone didn't have a clue. I'm hoping to avoid the ramp fee at Signature or Landmark.

The museum does not have facilities for airside arrivals, unless something has changed. Park at Business Jet Center, right down the way from the museum, and notwithstanding their palatial facilities and all the jets, they have always treated me like gold in my lil' ol' Bonanza, and have never charged me a ramp fee. They'll probably wither shuttle you to the museum, or loan you a crew cart, as well.

An on-field airplane museum that doesn't accept fly-in guests? Good grief.

Let's build a car museum that isn't accessible by road! ;)

I was there today.

They do have a small ramp so I suppose they could accommodate three or four
GA airplanes, if they were not moving anything in and out of their hanger.

On the other hand there are four five FBOs all in a line right next door. I used a couple of them in the past in my little fliver. They've always treated me right.

Give the TSA more time to enhance road security, and we may get there yet...

The museum does not have facilities for airside arrivals, unless something has changed. Park at Business Jet Center, right down the way from the museum, and notwithstanding their palatial facilities and all the jets, they have always treated me like gold in my lil' ol' Bonanza, and have never charged me a ramp fee. They'll probably wither shuttle you to the museum, or loan you a crew cart, as well.

Thanks. This will be my first venture into a busy airport and I was afraid I'd get nailed by ramp fees or expensive fuel costs. I think I'll give it a try next weekend.

It does seem silly. I bet they would get a bunch of visitors this way.

I gained new respect for test pilots when I got a close look at their 'flying flapjack'. That thing had two 80hp continental four cylinder engines geared to two huge props with two small ruders to fly this very large and very weird airplane. I think they said it weight 2800 pounds, but it looks bigger than that!

I shudder to think what the single engine characteristics might have been.

9wwR3Mxl.jpg

I gained new respect for test pilots when I got a close look at their 'flying flapjack'. That thing had two 80hp continental four cylinder engines geared to two huge props with two small ruders to fly this very large and very weird airplane. I think they said it weight 2800 pounds, but it looks bigger than that!

I shudder to think what the single engine characteristics might have been.

Agreed. What a weird ass plane.

Back