Frontier Air successful emergency landing LAX

MSmith

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Mark Smith
They had an indication of a cargo door problem.

From the video that I saw after the landing, it sure looked like something wasn't completely flush just aft of the right wing.

Emergency - no actual damage - yay, aviation.

Flight was John Wayne airport to Denver.

Last edited:
Hey Mark,

You are always the 1st to know whats going on. Thank you for keeping us informed.

Brook

ps...whats your secret?

HPNFlyGirl said:
ps...whats your secret?

Leave a web browser open, and use My Yahoo as my home page. I have the Top Stories at the top of the page.

Checking CNN.com every hour or so helps.

It's nice to have a desk job where they EXPECT you to stare at the screen all day (IT).

Yes, thank you for keeping us up to date. I always feel a little behind.

I am not sure about the rest of you. I like hearing about aviation in the news, but every little incident is blanketed across the media. A gear door, landing gear, engine fire, cargo door, etc. It is getting old and is spotlighting every minor incident to the general public. By air is still the safest way to travel and that isn't being conveyed from the media.

Just venting...

i heard that a worker damaged the plane while driving some equiptment around the airport. He knew he damaged the plane and didnt report it. What a freak. This guy should be hung out to dry. think of what could've happened.

I think we're talking about two different emergencies.

The one that I wrote about was a Frontier flight that left John Wayne and made an emergency landing at LAX due to a cargo door light.

I think the one that you're talking about is this one. An Alaska air flight experienced decompression at FL260 due to a foot-long hole in the fuselage - caused by a ground worker bumping the plane and not telling anybody. That one landed at Sea-Tac.

MSmith said:
I think we're talking about two different emergencies.

The one that I wrote about was a Frontier flight that left John Wayne and made an emergency landing at LAX due to a cargo door light.

I think the one that you're talking about is this one. An Alaska air flight experienced decompression at FL260 due to a foot-long hole in the fuselage - caused by a ground worker bumping the plane and not telling anybody. That one landed at Sea-Tac.

oops, your right Mark....(in my best gilda radner voice..) Nevermind.

Yup, we got ourselves two stories here.

Jeremy Hermanns - a PP-ASEL pilot - wrote THIS on his blog. Very interesting, with pictures!

I think he could use a pat on the back from a few of us.

MSmith said:
Yup, we got ourselves two stories here.

Jeremy Hermanns - a PP-ASEL pilot - wrote THIS on his blog. Very interesting, with pictures!

I think he could use a pat on the back from a few of us.

Thanks for the link/PIX.
The comments on the website are kinda funny until one remembers that most are said in all sincereity -almost scary but still somewhat entertaining !

Back