Front Range Christmas Eve Clouds

fgcason

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Frank Cason
Just about every time I forget why they call this place Golden, the sky turns bright orange around sunset. Of course when that happens I have to get up on the roof with the camera. Enjoy.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Attachments

• IM007395.jpg
    IM007395.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 37
  • IM007396.jpg
    IM007396.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 28
  • IM007398.jpg
    IM007398.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IM007399.jpg
    IM007399.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 22
I love the mountain/cloud/setting sun combo. That's why our mountains are called the Sandias here.

I saw that sunset this evening too, driving back from the mailbox. :yes:

Christmas Morning WX

When you full time in a RV, you tend to keep things buttoned up in winter to minimize heat loss. Also unlike houses with chimneys, the high temperature exhaust ports on RV's don't actually come inside. The fresh air enters the intake, goes through the combustion chamber, then is immediately exhausted overboard again. No actual interior access. The plumbing vent goes down into the two holding tanks which are plugged with a trap or a valve, again, with no direct access to the interior.

What I'm getting at here is that if you don't leave an access port of some kind open on christmas eve, two things happen. (1) Santa can't come visit you (he missed me again this year) and (2) since he couldn't get in, he leaves snowman poo everywhere.

Quit piddling around, bring on the Blizzards! :goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy:

Attachments

• IM007404.jpg
    IM007404.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IM007406.jpg
    IM007406.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 6
I lived there and I never heard that what Nick is talking about. The Manzanos are there too and manzano means apple tree.

I'll find a picture. They're called "Sandias" because when the sun goes pink, from the right angle in Albuquerque, they look like a giant slice of watermelon.

Not sure why "Manzano" but I suspect a similar story.

bad example: But this is sort of it:
sandias.jpg

see also:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandia_Mountains

Which I assume has to be written by an Albuquerque native, since it reads like it was written by a 5 year old.

Last edited:
Back