From the "stranger than fiction" files

steingar

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
steingar
Midair between aircraft piloted by NTSB and FAA employees. Story here. Condolences to those involved, but the irony is palpable, at least to yours truly.

Sad. Even though it happened in Virginia, the NTSB has asked its Canadian equivalent to do the investigation.

Well at least the NTSB is recusing themselves and letting the Canadians handle it, so there's no cries of biases.

The way I read the story online, the aircraft were owned by an NTSB and FAA employee (respectively) privately - and there is no indication that they were operating in any official capacity for either group - at least not yet.

But yes, the irony is deep...

The FAA employee, is an Accident Investigator.

The NTSB employee is fairly new to the org. He's a doc, apparently their investigator
for medical matters.

Seems that punting to Transport Canada is appropriate.

Anybody read the comments? What a moronathon...:nonod::nonod::nonod:

I don't disagree with punting over to TC for investigation over matters of propriety.

I don't disagree with punting over to TC for investigation over matters of propriety.

Some of the comments on the Washington Post site about this crash were bad - including ones promoting the idea of banning these "unsafe rich boy's play toys"...

Some of the comments on the Washington Post site about this crash were bad - including ones promoting the idea of banning these "unsafe rich boy's play toys"...

I guess you missed the one about corrupt overpaid government employees being able to afford $700,000 airplanes.

We're talking CNN here.....why would you expect anything different?

Frank

I would disagree with letting TC investigate, but fortunately they haven't been asked. It was TSB that was asked. The TSB is no more part of TC than the NTSB is part of DOT.

Back