From "Aviation e-Brief" . . .

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
. . . on 04/03/2009

Minor pilot accomplishes major dream
A Maine teenager has achieved his childhood dream of earning a pilot's license -- while still technically a child. Chad Guilford says he can't remember when he decided to be a pilot, though his mother says he was nine at the time. He credits the Blue Angels for sparking his interest, and his grandfather for sustaining it. Guilford took his first lesson at age 13, and did his final training in a tail-wheeled Piper Super Cruiser. As a resident of Maine's coastal islands, he's already earned his seaplane rating and joined a local flying club. "It was, and continues to be, an incredible journey," he says. The Working Waterfront (Maine) (4/2009)(there's more to the story but the Link doesn't show in this cut/paste)

I just talked to this young man's mother. Because he's familiar with Wiscasset KIWI I'm going to invite him over from the island(Vinalhaven) and celebrate his achievement.

HR

. . . on 04/03/2009

Minor pilot accomplishes major dream
A Maine teenager has achieved his childhood dream of earning a pilot's license -- while still technically a child. Chad Guilford says he can't remember when he decided to be a pilot, though his mother says he was nine at the time. He credits the Blue Angels for sparking his interest, and his grandfather for sustaining it. Guilford took his first lesson at age 13, and did his final training in a tail-wheeled Piper Super Cruiser. As a resident of Maine's coastal islands, he's already earned his seaplane rating and joined a local flying club. "It was, and continues to be, an incredible journey," he says. The Working Waterfront (Maine) (4/2009)(there's more to the story but the Link doesn't show in this cut/paste)

I just talked to this young man's mother. Because he's familiar with Wiscasset KIWI I'm going to invite him over from the island(Vinalhaven) and celebrate his achievement.

HR
How about this: http://r.smartbrief.com/resp/pmrYxSlsBqgtpoCicefOCicNLJoA?format=standard

Not really a "minor pilot" though!

. . . .and Chad has responded to my contact. We'll get together at some point.

HR

Back