Friends with benefits

Good grief mods. It’s ok to attack religion or religious positions but we can’t defend it? There are real answers to some of the statements above but I suspect I’d get another warning.

I am trying to restrain myself from typing a book, but I think that will require putting a self-imposed ban for a day or two on myself. LOL

Moderation itself presumes a form of morality. The question is not whether, but which morality drives it!
It’s as simple as the question toddlers ask: who says?!

@Josie Flies - I respect that your experience has been different, and I think that our worldviews and the circles we move in may have something to do with it. I would like to respond to your argument, but I am not going to, because you dismiss my experience and my worldview as irrelevant and outdated. I realize that my morality may reflect standards that were last accepted by society in the 1940s and 50s, but just in case you weren't sure, I do live in a modern world and learned modern science, and I think I have a moderate amount of intelligence. I would appreciate not being equated with doctors and scientists who made legitimately stupid claims, as I am smart enough that I know that such things are not physically possible, and I don't think that my assertions rise to that level of stupidity.

The thread has been reopened on the basis of leaving religious opinions out of the discussion. If we can’t discuss the subject within the bounds of the RoC, the thread may get locked again.

Well thank you MC, as far as I could tell, nothing got uncivil.

Not everyone agrees with the last round of counters. What do I think? If it works, fine, that is your(s) decision. That situation doesn't work for me personally, but, I'm not hating either.

Personally, I think that generally the POA has exercised great restraint and tact so far.

It's a delicate subject. There is absolutely nothing wrong with finding and calling out immorality within, it's just how you address it. It is as simple as that. And that should apply to a lot of topics, all across the board.

Arnold Swarzengger's life and history is very interesting. As is Ghengis Kahn's. Both powerful men with a lot of history with the women. I recently viewed a documentary outlining very powerful mens' need to have lots of female relationships. It seems to be ingrained with success. I'm not advocating or condoning, just observing.

A good friend of mine, (female) has been in a long FWB scenario with her neighbor. It seems to work for them, and less stressful than a full on relationship. They are both in their fifties, divorced, and enjoy each other's company.
What two adults choose to do is up to them, and nobody else's business. They have both opened up to me about it, or else I wouldn't have known.

It works until it doesn't work.

But isn't that true of every relationship?

I've never seen it end well.

But that is also true of most relationships.

Back