Friend's new toy

Ken Ibold

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ken Ibold
Here's a buddy of mine just after inking the deal. I look forward to spending some time in the right seat!

Attachments

• Abe&Toy.JPG
    Abe&Toy.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 108
Here's a buddy of mine just after inking the deal. I look forward to spending some time in the right seat!

I can't resist mentioning that the plane is a lot better looking than your friend in that photo.:D

Maybe you can talk him into a quick trip to 3m0 next month. Obviously T&T should cover the cost of the trip.

But I suppose if he learns that I posted that, my chances of some time in his plane are zilch.:(

I can't resist mentioning that the plane is a lot better looking than your friend in that photo.:D Maybe you can talk him into a quick trip to 3m0 next month.

But I suppose if he learns that I posted that, my chances of some time in his plane are zilch.:(
Yeah, but his wife is HOT! Go figure.

I don't know if he'll be signed off to fly it by Gastons. He needs 25 dual and 25 solo.

Yeah, but his wife is HOT! Go figure.

Well we know that she's not attracted by his money (now that he has a Mirage he won't have any money).

I don't know if he'll be signed off to fly it by Gastons. He needs 25 dual and 25 solo.

A couple trips to Mpls and back ought to solve that. I'd even let him park in my hangar for a ride or two!

great looking plane!

Um, either he's a little guy, or that is the biggest watch I've ever seen! :eek:

[and there is now, officially, NO WAY I'm ever gonna voluntarily put a picture of myself on this board any more!!] :D

Hum lessee,
Hot wife - hot new plane - short and rather homely -

Obviously he has a HUGE

wallet.........
________
Yamaha xvz1300

Last edited:
Hum lessee,
Hot wife - hot new plane - short and rather homely -

Obviously he has a HUGE

wallet.........

Yeahbut, a new Mirage has got to make some kinda dent in that.

Hey Eric, any interest in flying to Gaston's?

Or 2001 Meridian, as the case may be.

Yeah, thats' what I meant:redface:. The Meridian is a Mirage that can actually carry more than the pilot, but "unfortunately" it smells like kerosene.

Yeah, thats' what I meant:redface:. The Meridian is a Mirage that can actually carry more than the pilot, but "unfortunately" it smells like kerosene.

No, no, the Mirage is the Meridian that can carry more than the pilot, the Meridian is the Mirage that can barely carry more than the pilot (with full fuel), but which will (fortunately) run reliably for long enough to get there.

No, no, the Mirage is the Meridian that can carry more than the pilot, the Meridian is the Mirage that can barely carry more than the pilot (with full fuel), but which will (fortunately) run reliably for long enough to get there.
C'mon guys ... the Mirage is the one that will leave you with engine failure, wishing you'd spent more on the plane, and the Meridian is the one that will cost you enough that you'll wish you would have settled for engine failure.

great looking plane!

Um, either he's a little guy, or that is the biggest watch I've ever seen! :eek:

[and there is now, officially, NO WAY I'm ever gonna voluntarily put a picture of myself on this board any more!!] :D

FWIW, the watch is a Breitling Navitimer. Large, but certainly not huge (especially in light of todays trends in watches). Breitling has manufactured various models of this watch since around 1952 (collectors have not actually found an example pre-dating 1954 AFAIK). They were marketed strictly with the AOPA logo for the first two or three years. Back then I think they cost around $125 on a leather strap. Modern examples on the bracelet? Retail over $5000. (Mine is the anniversary model on leather, and I bought it before they went up considerably due to the Dollar's performance against other currencies a couple years back~and at the time, I had a dealer selling at 35% off...).

orig.jpg

Last edited:
Love the look of a Breitling. $100 buys you a decent knock off in LA though. :)

FWIW, the watch is a Breitling Navitimer. Large, but certainly not huge (especially in light of todays trends in watches). Breitling has manufactured various models of this watch since around 1952 (collectors have not actually found an example pre-dating 1954 AFAIK). They were marketed strictly with the AOPA logo for the first two or three years. Back then I think they cost around $125 on a leather strap. Modern examples on the bracelet? Retail over $5000. (Mine is the anniversary model on leather, and I bought it before they went up considerably due to the Dollar's performance against other currencies a couple years back~and at the time, I had a dealer selling at 35% off...).

orig.jpg

great looking plane!

Scott- I hear you. All my pictures remind me of nothing more than a snapping turtle that's noticed something disgusting. My avatar looks better than me!:yes:

Back