Friends C-120 Damaged When He Was Earing Lunch.:(

Probably not, but might be able to get some work out of them in trade (on the plane, at home, etc.). This coming from someone that lived in a town of about 550 and has seen it. Small towns can get much lonelier when you’re singled out and shut out for being a f- up.

I suppose. You want someone that dumb working on the airplane though? I can’t see any good coming from that, either.

I talked to Jeremy yesterday (owner of the C-120). He is upset that no one has come forward and admitted they damaged his plane. He said the locals have an idea who damaged the plane but are not divulging that information.

He said he is done with the C-120, going to sell it or part it out. He can't see putting any more cash into the plane, said he was going to take the loss and move on.

Sad, he purchased the C-120 thinking it would be an inexpensive way to build tail wheel time. It has been anything but inexpensive, recovering the wings after purchase, then replacing the right wing after the fire now damage to the right wing.

I think it's BS that the locals are not helping him and divulge who damaged the plane. Jeremy feels, "they don't want to see a friend get in trouble". Some people are just cowards..:mad2:

I talked to Jeremy yesterday (owner of the C-120). He is upset that no one has come forward and admitted they damaged his plane. He said the locals have an idea who damaged the plane but are not divulging that information.

He said he is done with the C-120, going to sell it or part it out. He can't see putting any more cash into the plane, said he was going to take the loss and move on.

Sad, he purchased the C-120 thinking it would be an inexpensive way to build tail wheel time. It has been anything but inexpensive, recovering the wings after purchase, then replacing the right wing after the fire now damage to the right wing.

I think it's BS that the locals are not helping him and divulge who damaged the plane. Jeremy feels, "they don't want to see a friend get in trouble". Some people are just cowards..:mad2:

Jeremy needs to get the Alaska DOT involved. They operate the airport. He should also involve the State Troopers. The airport manger is a Gustavus resident, but none of the local State Troopers are. Incident happened on state property. I suspect the Troopers would get involved. Easy peasy to get a list of people with gate passes.

If a friend of mine did something like that, my only courtesy as their friend would be to call or sit them down, and say “you have until this time tomorrow to come forward on your own. After that, I’m doing it for you.”

If it was a plane that flew in their supplies, they’d rat his butt out in a second, but’s he’s a nobody to them. :mad:

If it was a plane that flew in their supplies, they’d rat his butt out in a second, but’s he’s a nobody to them. :mad:
Or there's more to this and they just flat out have issues with him. What happened to his plane is wrong, but there's always time to look in the mirror.

Back