Friends, a trusty old airplane, and Big Creek

Bob Bement

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Bob Bement
Last summer we had some old friends visit from Las Vegas. They wanted to take a ride and I wanted to show them some of The Idaho backcountry. This is where we touched down for breakfast. This little piece of heaven is about 35 miles east of McCall, ID.

Good job!

That looks like a great destination- just tight enough to be interesting, but a really fine strip, there.

Dang Bob that is awesome. I gotta do some of that kind of flying some day.

That's incredibly cool, Bob! It's incredible how smooth the air looks, given the terrain.

Well done, it is a nice one to use as an introduction and as a base too.
Check out the eats at the lodge!

Last edited:
There is a old saying in the back country " In and out by 10:00 o'clock." The wind and the heat will cause you some problems later in the day. This runway is 5743' MSL. so the DA can get up there. A couple pictures my friend Gordy took while at Big Creek. Bob

Attachments

• Essie and Polly at the end of Big Ck runway.jpg
    Essie and Polly at the end of Big Ck runway.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 11
  • gord's pictures 1338.jpg
    gord's pictures 1338.jpg
    888.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Pilot Getaway just listed Big Creek as number 1 in their list of Best Rustic Lodges they reviewed in the last 10 years. (Gastons is number 3!)

Pilot Getaway just listed Big Creek as number 1 in their list of Best Rustic Lodges they reviewed in the last 10 years. (Gastons is number 3!)

That is interesting, I would have thought that Gaston's might be a little higher. Bob

Back