Friendly DPA FBO for demo flight?

mikea

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iWin
At my house closing my lawyer and agent said they wish they could take flight training. As I've done before, I want to sponsor them for a demo flight using the Be A Pilot certificate. I think they both live in Naperville, IL.

I'd buy a gift certificate... urrrk! It's $99 now? Maybe not. Maybe I'll pay half. :rolleyes:
http://www.beapilot.com/register.html

Can anybody recommend a friendly FBO and/or CFI at DuPage?
Yeah, Grant, I could maybe make it Clow.

What is sad is that if you search POA for beapilot you can see how much that price has gone up in the last few years.

Was $49 when I did it. Then $59, now $99??

Illinois Aviation Academy, owned and run by an ATP (MidWest Airlines IIRC). Nice set up and very professional instructors. They have a website.

What is sad is that if you search POA for beapilot you can see how much that price has gone up in the last few years.

Was $49 when I did it. Then $59, now $99??
When I was fifteen, it was ten bucks. Ya got the CFI and about three ticks on the hobbs. I didn't get to take lessons until a few years later until I joined the Navy but it sure wetted the appetite.

By the way, the CFI at the little Festus airport that time was Charlie Lindbergh.

our fbo still runs discovery flights for 40 bucks maybe 45. we do a lot of them too.

Mike,
You already hit on the Clow thing, so I won't repeat it (though it would be good). As far as DPA goes, I second Barry's recomendation. I did my private ground school through IAA. They have a DA-40, too! :)

Back