Friday 3/15

The Old Man

Line Up and Wait
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
The Old Man
So, what is new this week?

Finished the last of this round of chemo yesterday. Just waiting for the effects to kick in Saturday/Sunday and last into next week.

Follow up appointment with the oncologist week after next week, so should be a quiet week.Quiet, hell, I'm bored out of my skull. Never in my life had I had "cabin fever" like this. Somebody call me just to chat. Come over and see me.Sandra's even more tired of hanging around.

We have decided to sell the airplane. We don't want to, but all the circumstances say let it go. It will be at least a year before I can even think about getting my medical back and the plane doesn't need to sit in the back of a hangar that long. We need to find an enthusiastic buyer who will continue to do what it wants most, fly it!

It has given us everything we could ask of it and should continue to do so for time to come. We owe it to the bird to allow that to happen, rather than sit waiting to see if I cn get back into it. Anybody interested, let us know.

So, what is new this week?

Finished the last of this round of chemo yesterday. Just waiting for the effects to kick in Saturday/Sunday and last into next week.

Follow up appointment with the oncologist week after next week, so should be a quiet week.Quiet, hell, I'm bored out of my skull. Never in my life had I had "cabin fever" like this. Somebody call me just to chat. Come over and see me.Sandra's even more tired of hanging around.

We have decided to sell the airplane. We don't want to, but all the circumstances say let it go. It will be at least a year before I can even think about getting my medical back and the plane doesn't need to sit in the back of a hangar that long. We need to find an enthusiastic buyer who will continue to do what it wants most, fly it!

It has given us everything we could ask of it and should continue to do so for time to come. We owe it to the bird to allow that to happen, rather than sit waiting to see if I cn get back into it. Anybody interested, let us know.

Chemo can kick your butt, but I think the boredom is probably even worse! Prayers for a full recovery.

Are there pics of your plane somewhere? The link in your signature isn't working.

Best wishes!

Loren, the website has been down since at least December. I think from the signs, it has been abandoned by the host.
Steingar, as shaky as my hands are right now, xbox would be out of the question. Playing solitaire is bad enough.

First person shooter, select machine gun.
Good enough, but that will be awful hard on the scenery.
Can you see a 71 year old emciated ill man buying an xbox when he doesn't know anything about video gaming since Pong?

Back