FRG to Flushing

spiderweb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ben
Do any of you know how convenient it is to get from KFRG to Flushing? Is there some sort of light rail?

Thanks!
Ben

Alternatively, how expensive, really is LGA to park a single-engine overnight?

Ben from FRG you will get need to get a taxi from the airport to the Long Island Railroad.
From there, I'd guess you'd take the 7 train once you got to sunnyside queens, or a bus from Jamaica center.
www.mta.info contains more information and maps, but (much like the subway sometimes) doesn't seem to be working too well now.

According to Airnav, a Cessna 206 had a ramp fee of $123 and $75 parking fee per night. I believe that there is also a landing fee which is higher or lower depending on when you land. So it depends on how much your time is worth, and your capacity to deal with the delays and headaches of landing at a very busy Bravo. I know that the afternoon arrivals at LGA are very closely spaced, so working a slower GA plane into the mix may be difficult.
Have a good trip!

There's no light rail, but there is the Long Island Railroad -- get on at Farmingdale and change at Jamaica. I believe the folks at Long Island Jet Center will drop you off and pick you up at the Farmingdale station.

There's no light rail, but there is the Long Island Railroad -- get on at Farmingdale and change at Jamaica. I believe the folks at Long Island Jet Center will drop you off and pick you up at the Farmingdale station.
Yup, they will, and port authority might drive you to the train station as well.
I paid $1.75 for landing fee there. They gave me a receipt on the field, but then for some reason, they mailed me one too. It probably cost them more to process the receipt and mail it then the amount they requested.
BTW, I will be at FRG on monday. When are you going to be there?

EDIT: oops. I thought you meant the landing fee at FRG, not LGA.

Last edited:
Back