Fresh wax....man I feel clean!

So how many knots do you gain if you put dimples all over your plane

Several, there have been some interesting studies done with a dimpled skin, but it hasn't been put into any practical application outside of golf balls.

The faster you spin, the more speed you pick up from the dimples. :D. Don't think they do anything for straight-line drag.

They do, works on boat bottoms as well. The spin is about creating lift by creating a differential in drag, not just reducing drag.

Is that what you call it in Arkansas? ;-)

Bwhaaaa.....

Wait....

Seriously, who polishes an airplane in Arkansas? I don't polish my truck either and for the same reason: time to go MUDDING!!! (Seriously... )

I just got my airplane painted two months ago. The painter told me to wait two months before waxing to allow the paint time to cure. Up through yesterday I just used a squirt bottle of water and a microfiber towel to clean the bugs off the leading edges. I washed and waxed the airplane yesterday for the first time since the paint job. It looks so good but man was that a lot of work to do in one afternoon and I even had a helper. Instead of trying to do it all in one afternoon like I did yesterday, I would love to come up with a routine to do a little along so it is not such a mammoth job. Do you guys just suffer through it all at once like I did or do you have a better routine for maintaining the finish a little along?

I just got my airplane painted two months ago. The painter told me to wait two months before waxing to allow the paint time to cure. Up through yesterday I just used a squirt bottle of water and a microfiber towel to clean the bugs off the leading edges. I washed and waxed the airplane yesterday for the first time since the paint job. It looks so good but man was that a lot of work to do in one afternoon and I even had a helper. Instead of trying to do it all in one afternoon like I did yesterday, I would love to come up with a routine to do a little along so it is not such a mammoth job. Do you guys just suffer through it all at once like I did or do you have a better routine for maintaining the finish a little along?

I do it all at once, I do not suffer through it, it took 2.5 hrs to do my whole 310.

How much did you pay the crew? :rolleyes:

Nothing, Collenite Insulator wax is that fast and easy to use. Wash it in the Am, let it finish drying out over lunch, the wax it in the PM. It goes on so thin with a damp applicator, removing the excess and rubbing in a shine is no real effort. If Karate Kid had Collenite for Miagi's cars, he would have got his ass kicked.:lol:

However I have previously traded 2 hours of multi for a wax job.

Hell, I'd trade some elbow grease for multi time........

Get a gallon of Adams waterless wash and a gallon of detail spray (smells amazing, and will prolong the life of the wax). Then get a bunch of waffle weave towels from the rag company (they're cheap). Spot clean with the waterless wash and then go over the plane with detail spray. Do this in between flight's and it will look good.

Back