Frequent 121 Fliers: Airline Loyalty

astanley

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Andrew Stanley
I'm an AA guy through and through. Been flying AA constantly for 6 years and I don't plan on stopping.

After Aer Lingus decided to leave oneworld, I am in a quandrary: I can either fly BOS-ORD-SNN, and pick up 4500m per flight one way, or I can stick with BOS-SNN on Aer Lingus and save a few hours, and some headaches.

I'm especially vexed because of the additional time just to stay with AA. But I go to Dallas and around the US enough to justify the work for an extra 45,000 miles a year, but even still, it's going to be +4 hours onto every trip.

What do you guys do? I do like my FF status enough to consider doing this...

Cheers,

-Andrew

I had to move from AA to UAL. I am a Exec Plat, > 2 million miler on AA and they treated we very well since day one, so I feel your pain. Even though UAL comped me 1K status this year I am not treated near as well, I still have not gotten a 1st class upgrade and have had to fly coach and business this year and that stinks (Yeh I know I am a whiner but I travel a lot).

With Aer Lingus dropping out of One World I would still find an AA way. Perhaps to AA-LHR then on either BA or Aer Lingus to SNN??

I had to move from AA to UAL. I am a Exec Plat, > 2 million miler on AA and they treated we very well since day one, so I feel your pain. Even though UAL comped me 1K status this year I am not treated near as well, I still have not gotten a 1st class upgrade and have had to fly coach and business this year and that stinks (Yeh I know I am a whiner but I travel a lot).

With Aer Lingus dropping out of One World I would still find an AA way. Perhaps to AA-LHR then on either BA or Aer Lingus to SNN??

I can do AA->LHR and then Aer Lingus->SNN, which works, or BOS->ORD->SNN on all AA.

I feel your pain. I used to get a lot of Y-Up fares and now I can't get them any more. Painful to say the least...

Cheers,

-Andrew

1P (Premier Executive) on United. That and a few bucks will get you a cup of coffee. Well, the 100% bonus miles are nice, as is Red Carpet Club access with traveling internationally. And I don't have to pay extra for seating in Economy Plus (the extra few inches of legroom are life savers). Any miles on AA go on my Alaska account.

If I could change anything on any airline, it would be LEGROOM!!! There are some airlines who don't have a clue what that means, and they are some significant players in the industry. Lufthansa and Delta could go belly up tomorrow and I wouldn't miss them for that one reason. Continental, as good as they are, is only slightly better.

I'd love to take some airline execs and have them join me some time. LH CEO in coach on one of their planes from FRA to CPT. That would be justice! :yes:

I am SOOO grateful that I don't know what the hell y'all are talking about!!! :D

1P (Premier Executive) on United. That and a few bucks will get you a cup of coffee. Well, the 100% bonus miles are nice, as is Red Carpet Club access with traveling internationally. And I don't have to pay extra for seating in Economy Plus (the extra few inches of legroom are life savers). Any miles on AA go on my Alaska account.

If I could change anything on any airline, it would be LEGROOM!!! There are some airlines who don't have a clue what that means, and they are some significant players in the industry. Lufthansa and Delta could go belly up tomorrow and I wouldn't miss them for that one reason. Continental, as good as they are, is only slightly better.

I'd love to take some airline execs and have them join me some time. LH CEO in coach on one of their planes from FRA to CPT. That would be justice! :yes:

Aer Lingus has pretty good leg room in coach, I was actually able to sleep on my return from SNN.

Lufthansa has decent biz class, but not good enough to justify dealing with the rest of the airline. AA isn't bad, but exit rows are Gold and Ex Plat only (not bad for me per se, but I think it is unfair to others...)

I hate Delta. I was a big fan for a while but ATL is, like ORD, where flights go to die and I found their aircraft to be one step above Tupolev's.

AA has been pretty good to me, and I'll usually go through extra machinations to make sure I stay on their equipment.

Cheers,

-Andrew

Price first, loyalty second. Though I do try to limit my travel to particular partner airlines so that my miles can all accrue to Alaska. I got sc***ed when UA / USair dropped all their partners.

I'm an AA guy through and through. Been flying AA constantly for 6 years and I don't plan on stopping.
I've qualified for Gold-for-life on AA, have been in the FF program since 1982. I have to go to Knoxville this weekend. It's almost certain I can't do the trip in the PA-28 due to WX in the middle of the trip. So I have reservations on Northworst. AA could get me there but the route was LGA-ORD-TYS, with a lengthy connection at ORD. I am sucking it up and flying NW to "enjoy" connecting in DTW.

-Skip

I've qualified for Gold-for-life on AA, have been in the FF program since 1982. I have to go to Knoxville this weekend. It's almost certain I can't do the trip in the PA-28 due to WX in the middle of the trip. So I have reservations on Northworst. AA could get me there but the route was LGA-ORD-TYS, with a lengthy connection at ORD. I am sucking it up and flying NW to "enjoy" connecting in DTW.

-Skip

Ah, yes. NWA. The largest unscheduled airline in the world. Took them 30 years (I am NOT exaggerating) to finally get me somewhere on time.

If I have any loyalty it's to Midwest. Generally not the best prices, but considering the whole plane is first class, you can't expect that (They are, however, WAY cheaper than anyone else's first class). DC9's are 2x2 seating (leather) with lots of legroom. And next time you pay for peanuts or pretzels on a spam can, think about the FREE freshly baked cookies and wine you'd be enjoying on Midwest. Mmmm.

I do not sleep well on airplanes. I've sat up all night on AA (DC10, 777), trying fruitlessly to sleep even with a glass-smooth ride. The first and only time I've ever been able to sleep on an airplane was with Midwest.

On a Beech 1900. :eek: :yes:

I don't think I can call myself a frequent (airline) flyer any more, though... I've managed to stay off them for the most part since I got my ticket in 2003. The last time I took an airline flight on my own dime was that summer, a couple months post-ticket. When I realized that the MN->NM flight could have been completed (door to door) in less time with a Piper Archer despite the lack of a layover on the airline flight, I decided it just wasn't worth the hassle any more. I think my last airline flight was in 2005 (someone else's dime, and I flew out to one field and back from another.)

I'm loyal to Kent Shook Air. :yes:

Back