Frequency errors on the latest charts.

gismo

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iGismo
The frequency for the tower/CTAF and VOR were changed last Thursday at my home base (KFCM) and while there are two NOTAMs to that effect (one for each) the latest approach charts and airport diagrams from Jeppesen and NACO show the old frequencies. The change was implemented on a chart change date (Feb 11,2010) and the new charts do correctly indicate the new location of the VOR which was moved from the center of the airport to a point half a mile east.

Obviously someone made a mistake with the charts, but I'm wondering why there's no NOTAM indicating that the charts are in error. Seems like there should be more than just the freq change NOTAMs themselves:

******** Navigation NOTAMs ********
!FCM 02/064 FCM NAV VOR/DME 117.7 CH 124 VICE 111.8 CH 55 WEF

******** Communication NOTAMs ********
!FCM 02/066 FCM COM TWR LC 119.15 VICE 118.1 WEF 1002110901

Doesn't the FAA normally publish a NOTAM against a specific chart when there's an error on that chart?

Lance: Can't answer your question, but we had DPs that were in error here at Addison some time ago. It took me quite awhile to get that to the proper folks and get them to follow up on it. There are still notes on some charts about that and local NOTAMS.

Best,

Dave

When 3Ck changed their CTAF from 122.8 to 123.05 a bunch of years ago it took several chart cycles before it finally got printed. I do recall the NOTAM being published several times to note the change but I never recall seeing a NOTAM that the chart was wrong.

Lance,

This comes from the NACO approach plates front part. It might be worth giving them a call and/or an email. I haven't done it so I don't know how far you will get.

attachment.php

I also checked the chart notams and the latest FADDS and they still have the old frequencies.

Joe

Attachments

• ChartErrorReport.png
    ChartErrorReport.png
    29.1 KB · Views: 75
The frequency for the tower/CTAF and VOR were changed last Thursday at my home base (KFCM) and while there are two NOTAMs to that effect (one for each) the latest approach charts and airport diagrams from Jeppesen and NACO show the old frequencies. The change was implemented on a chart change date (Feb 11,2010) and the new charts do correctly indicate the new location of the VOR which was moved from the center of the airport to a point half a mile east.

Obviously someone made a mistake with the charts, but I'm wondering why there's no NOTAM indicating that the charts are in error. Seems like there should be more than just the freq change NOTAMs themselves:

******** Navigation NOTAMs ********
!FCM 02/064 FCM NAV VOR/DME 117.7 CH 124 VICE 111.8 CH 55 WEF

******** Communication NOTAMs ********
!FCM 02/066 FCM COM TWR LC 119.15 VICE 118.1 WEF 1002110901

Doesn't the FAA normally publish a NOTAM against a specific chart when there's an error on that chart?

Why? If the charts showed the correct frequencies there'd be no need for the NOTAMs.

Last edited:
Lance,

This comes from the NACO approach plates front part. It might be worth giving them a call and/or an email. I haven't done it so I don't know how far you will get.

attachment.php

I've contacted them via e-mail twice, and I was really impressed with their responsiveness... And the charts were completely fixed on the very next cycle.

Back