French dog with "French attitude"

wabower

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Wayne
The Missus attended a neighborhood ladies gathering earlier this evening where she met an interesting woman who said they owned a Coton du Tulear.

She described the pooch as soft and cuddly and a wonderful little companion other than that he has a French attitude. When asked to elaborate, she said the dog likes to go with her husband on his evening walks. If he's not allowed to do so, and even though he has been housebroken for years, the dog immediately goes into her husband's office and craps on the rug.
rofl.gif

What's even funnier is when you see housebroken French humans doing the same thing (provided it's not your rug).

I had a poodle that did the same thing. Even when I took her out for a walk first, she'd save some for when we left her home alone.

Yeah, but every night?

Depends on who you come across. I've spent more time in France than I care to, with people who think they're far more important than they are. These people, having an intellect slightly lower than my rottweiler, may come up with a new way of annoying you every day rather than the same old way. But, they will find a way.

Depends on who you come across. I've spent more time in France than I care to, with people who think they're far more important than they are. These people, having an intellect slightly lower than my rottweiler, may come up with a new way of annoying you every day rather than the same old way. But, they will find a way.

WOW, I must be lucky. I have made several trips to France and have found the people just like us. There are creeps everywhere. Might I ask if you speak French? It makes a difference. Expecting someone to speak your native language in their own country is rude. Imagine if someone came into your business and expected you to speak Norwegian while conducting business. My wife and I were constantly asked if we were German, since our accents were obviously not local. When they discovered we were American we were always treated well. In fact an 80 something guy who owned a gas station in Robion in Provence was so pleased to meet an American he offered to take us into the hills and show us the caves his Resistance unit used when fighting the Germans. We had a fascinating day, a great picnic, and made a friend.

I assume your trip did not include dealing with Signature's staff at Le Bourget?

WOW, I must be lucky. I have made several trips to France and have found the people just like us. There are creeps everywhere. Might I ask if you speak French? It makes a difference. Expecting someone to speak your native language in their own country is rude. Imagine if someone came into your business and expected you to speak Norwegian while conducting business. My wife and I were constantly asked if we were German, since our accents were obviously not local. When they discovered we were American we were always treated well. In fact an 80 something guy who owned a gas station in Robion in Provence was so pleased to meet an American he offered to take us into the hills and show us the caves his Resistance unit used when fighting the Germans. We had a fascinating day, a great picnic, and made a friend.

No,we came through CDG, hopped the RER to St. Germaine where the apartment is. How's your French?

Nonexistent. How's your wallet? Got $28k to pay the crash crew for their services in jacking up my G-V when it sank on your ramp while being towed by your tug after you knowingly covered up rather than repair a defective area that was known to everybody on the airport?

Nonexistent. How's your wallet? Got $28k to pay the crash crew for their services in jacking up my G-V when it sank on your ramp while being towed by your tug after you knowingly covered up rather than repair a defective area that was known to everybody on the airport?

Soooooo how does one instance translate to an entire country? Or even a single city? :dunno: Sorry about your plane, but malfeasance is subject to litigation anywhere in the world.

Last edited:
Back