Free Vista Beta

I dislike companies that cannot get their **** together. They announce all kinds of exciting features. They COMPLETELY miss their ship date by at least eight months. All of the cool features they promised will not happen.

Vista will do nothing but make my job more difficult. All of this from a company where money is no issue. You should have heard my conversation with my Microsoft represenative yesterday.

jangell said:
I dislike companies that cannot get their **** together. They announce all kinds of exciting features. They COMPLETELY miss their ship date by at least eight months. All of the cool features they promised will not happen.

Vista will do nothing but make my job more difficult. All of this from a company where money is no issue. You should have heard my conversation with my Microsoft represenative yesterday.

Agreed. Microsoft really has no excuse but with past releases im glad they have postponed the release date to make sure they have things strait. OTOH, i have never had a problem with Beta versions so if i must be the test bunny then so be it :)

Darrell111 said:
Agreed. Microsoft really has no excuse but with past releases im glad they have postponed the release date to make sure they have things strait. OTOH, i have never had a problem with Beta versions so if i must be the test bunny then so be it :)
I have a feeling that Vista was so jacked up that it would have been worse than any past release. We can expect this release to probably be of the quality that was Windows ME.. *cough*

Unfortunantly Vista is something that I have to keep an eye on and test throughout all of these beta stages.

Last edited:
jangell said:

Better than that. Apple's OS X Leopard is merely copying what Vista will have. :rolleyes:

When I first heard them compare vaporware to shipping products I thought it was bizzare. Now it's taken by some pundits as grounds for debate.

OK, Leopard isn't shipping yet. But it will ship by year end - THIS YEAR.

jangell said:
I have a feeling that Vista was so jacked up that it would have been worse than any past release. We can expect this release to probably be of the quality that was Windows ME.. *cough*

Wow You really have NO faith ... haha

Darrell111 said:
... "test bunny"
Zzzzzz...huh? What? Someone call me???

Nevermind, I'll pass :no: (even tho' there's an Intel in me macbook)

Back