Free to the right person

Jeannette

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Jeannette
HAND CONTROL FOR AMPUTEE/PARAPLEGIC FREE

Looking for a pilot in need of an aircraft hand control made by Union Aviation Co., Sturgis Ky. It's for use on a C172 and C177. It controls rudder and brakes for amputees and/or paraplegics. We don't want to give it to someone who is just going to sell it for his own gain but want to donate to someone who can use it. My spouse used it only a few times and had it made new for him. If you know of an organization or a pilot who can use it please advise. If interested only request that you pay for shipping but we will only charge the exact amount for shipping and not a penny more. Thank You

Update: Not long after posting this we had something come up and I had not been checking this post. First I want to apologize that I didn't keep up with it. I want you to know that it is still available. It has come to my attention that there were pilots out there who knew someone who could use it. Right now I am in contact with someone who knows someone who may be able to use it. If he decides he can't then of course we'd be happy to pass it on to some who can. My husband purchased it for over $700 but only used it a couple of times. He wants it to go to someone who could use it and appreciate it. Again my sincere apologies for not keep up with the post.

Last edited:
I know someone who needs this. I'll send him a link to this post. He's a J. Martin.

If you find someone who needs it, PM me, and I'll pay the shipping for them.

Jeannette,

I have a friend who was in a horrible crash in his Cessna 177RG last year. Because of the accident he is now a paraplegic. He was a school teacher and pilot. He was going to A&P school to become a mechanic. He doesn't have anorther plane yet and I don't know when he could be begin to fly again. But had expressed an interest if such a device was available. I know your generous offer would be most appreciated by him. But I just don't know if he would ever be able to get another plane. He might be someone you could talk to and see if this would be a fit for you and him at some point. If your interested please message me for details.

Thanks, Robert

Hello Jeannette.

I am a flight instructor in Tifton, GA and was recently approached by a mother who is interested in hand controls for her son. I have not been able to find any current information about Union Aviation. It appears that they may have gone out of business. Since your post is from about six months ago, I imagine that you have already found a worthy candidate to whom you could pass along your hand controls. If by some miracle you do still have them, I think I may have found someone who could use them and would be very appreciative of your generous offer.

Sincerely,

slwcfi

Hello Jeannette.

I am a flight instructor in Tifton, GA and was recently approached by a mother who is interested in hand controls for her son. I have not been able to find any current information about Union Aviation. It appears that they may have gone out of business. Since your post is from about six months ago, I imagine that you have already found a worthy candidate to whom you could pass along your hand controls. If by some miracle you do still have them, I think I may have found someone who could use them and would be very appreciative of your generous offer.

Sincerely,

slwcfi

You might try PMing her, she hasn't logged in since August.

Back