FREE: Operation: Fly Mobile App (Android)

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Tired of carrying around paper in your flight bag, so that you can take a picture at a remote airport? What if you just forgot the claim sheet, and want to take a picture?

Well, now you can! Simply point, shoot, and submit your claim photos, using Operation: Fly Mobile.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.operationfly

PERMISSIONS DETAILS (why these permissions are needed):
Modify/Delete SD Card Contents - For saving Claim Photos
Your Location - To find the airport you are submitting a claim for
Full Internet Access - To be able to submit the claim
Take Pictures and Videos - Access to camera to take the claim photo

What is Operation: Fly?
Operation: I'm pretty sure everyone here knows what Operation: Fly is, but in case you're not familiar, check out http://www.operationfly.com, register, and have some fun, flying around to new airports and staking claim to them.

Sweet!
Now maybe I'll remember to actually make claims! :)

:D Its never been easier. Just point, shoot, and submit!

I figured I kept forgetting the claim sheet, and had nothing to write on/with, and was getting annoyed trying to find something at an abandoned FBO to write on/with.

This should make claiming airports a whole lot easier, for sure.

When are you going to port this over to iOS? :D

Rich

Truth told, that would be something I'd be interested in learning....but I don't think it'll be anything that's coming very soon.

So, I had an idea for ya to make Operation Fly more interesting... Aging of claims.

Basically, if you make a claim and never go back, eventually someone else can "steal" your claim, with either a newer claim after a certain time period, and/or a high number of claims.

Just thoughts...

So, I had an idea for ya to make Operation Fly more interesting... Aging of claims.

Basically, if you make a claim and never go back, eventually someone else can "steal" your claim, with either a newer claim after a certain time period, and/or a high number of claims.

Just thoughts...

Yeah, actually, the plan is still to do something similar, like a "four square" type of thing where someone can repeatedly claim the same airports, and become the "mayor" (or whatever aviationey term would apply), of that airport....

The problem has been time. Unfortunately, work has consumed about 16 hours per day of my life in the last few weeks, and the remaining time is consumed with being a husband/father to be.

There's also another HUGE one in the works around a game with Operation Fly....that's the higher priority. That's also going to take some time to get into place.

Yeah, actually, the plan is still to do something similar, like a "four square" type of thing where someone can repeatedly claim the same airports, and become the "mayor" (or whatever aviationey term would apply), of that airport....

The problem has been time. Unfortunately, work has consumed about 16 hours per day of my life in the last few weeks, and the remaining time is consumed with being a husband/father to be.

There's also another HUGE one in the works around a game with Operation Fly....that's the higher priority. That's also going to take some time to get into place.

Cool stuff man. My podcast has gone non-existent since the new job. I forgot how "lumpy" the schedule of a full-time sysadmin is. One day it'll be a normal day shift, then that night a call will come in at 2AM with something dead, and there'd be an already-scheduled maintenance window for something else on the third day...

And that just goes on forever. I don't mind it but I forgot how hard it is to schedule things around it.

Back