Free online NOTAM decoder with NOTAM D support

Dror Pilot

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Dror Pilot
As promised about a week ago, I have implemented the support for FAA's NOTAM D format in the NOTAM decoder, so here is a summary.

The new free online worldwide NOTAM decoder, helps any pilot anywhere to submit a NOTAM text and within seconds see its decoded version.

Main features:
- Automatic detection and support for both ICAO format and NOTAM D (new).
- NOTAM text is presented in native English. No NOTAM ICAO abbreviations.
- NOTAM's position is displayed on a map.
- The map has the valid radius marked. The map's scale is automatically selected (ICAO version only).
- If NOTAM's text includes another position, it is displayed on another map as well.
- The NOTAM effectiveness time is presented in an easy interpretable format, relative to now, e.g. "Effective in 1 hour 30 minutes for 2 days".

Try it at www.drorpilot.com/English/notam.htm and let me know what do you think either here or in www.drorpilot.com/English/contact.htm.

Have fun!

This will be useful, thanks!

This is a thread jack, but since we are talking about NOTAMS, I have always wondered.......what is the difference between "unserviceable" and "out of service/OTS"? The former always makes me think of a bunch of guys going out to try and turn their wrenches on the TACAN, but there ended up being an angry bobcat in their way. And then they NOTAM'd it so we would know it might not work but it could.

This is a thread jack, but since we are talking about NOTAMS, I have always wondered.......what is the difference between "unserviceable" and "out of service/OTS"? The former always makes me think of a bunch of guys going out to try and turn their wrenches on the TACAN, but there ended up being an angry bobcat in their way. And then they NOTAM'd it so we would know it might not work but it could.

I believe "unserviceable" means the navaid is actually on the air but malfunctioning in such a way that it shouldn't be used, and OTS is truly off-air... but I've seen stuff NOTAM'd OTS that was on-air and transmitting bad stuff. :)

Back