Free Kindle Download today: Men Who Killed the Luftwaffe

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
Men Who Killed the Luftwaffe: The U.S. Army Air Forces Against Germany in World War II is available for free download to your Kindle device or app.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00492BKIG/

511zqljJ%2BWL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA278_PIkin4,BottomRight,-58,22_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

UPDATE NOV 7, 2013 -- This Kindle book is no longer free, that promotion is now over. Cost is approx $16.00

Last edited:
Nice, good catch, although Hitler did as much to kill the Luftwaffe with his micromanagement as anyone else.

Thanks! I was just loading up the Kindle reader for a flight to Paris, perfect timing.

Just started reading this book.

Fascinating stuff in the first chapters explaining how our early air forces developed and the challenges they faced both politically and industrially.

A fact I didn't know was that all of the warbirds used in WWII, including the B29 were either just coming out of design phase or well into design phase BEFORE America officially entered into the war.

It is an interesting read if you like to learn more about aviation history.

Just started reading this book.

Fascinating stuff in the first chapters explaining how our early air forces developed and the challenges they faced both politically and industrially.

A fact I didn't know was that all of the warbirds used in WWII, including the B29 were either just coming out of design phase or well into design phase BEFORE America officially entered into the war.

It is an interesting read if you like to learn more about aviation history.

How did you get it free?

Check date of first post in this thread.... Oct 5.

My guess is that there was a short time promotion going on when it was first put up on Amazon. I had an alert to this from another board, and shared it here.

I agree that the title is now misleading, but remember, once someone posts a reply, I can no longer change it.

But I did add to the original post.

To generate buzz, the author can offer 5 days at zero cost every six months. Many authors will put their 5 days around holidays when they think people have either bought Kindle readers, or when they think readers will have time to read the book.

Also, when it is first released, they will offer the 5 days and announce that information to all their friends and others who helped them with the book. A person must have "bought" the book (even for $0.00) to review it. So their friends will get the book for free, but qualify to review the book. In that way the author can get a quick flurry of good reviews.

Back