Free iPad Aviation Magazine

CT4ME

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
CT4ME
There's an interesting free aviation magazine available as an iPad App... Loop Aviation Magazine. Very well done, with great articles, superb photos, videos, 360 degree views. The cover story of the new issue is "13 aircraft that will change the face of flying as we know it"... and there's a great article about the Flight Design CT.
Here's a link to an on-line version, not quite the same as the iPad version, but still nice.
Tim

The iPad version.... Holy smokes is it slick!! Yes it's a large download, but it's worth the wait and the drive space. Execution of interface is well done with a mix of static, interactive, and multimedia. Even many of the adverts do nice (and useful) change when you rotate between portrait and landscape.

Oh, and I'm collecting donations to buy my own version of issue 1's cover plane :drool:

I downloaded it... unless I'm missing something, it's a bunch of pics with very little text?

I downloaded it... unless I'm missing something, it's a bunch of pics with very little text?

Are you looking at it portrait or landscape? Make sure your iPod is turned normally (portrait).

I agree. Very well done magazine. Wonder if they plan to charge like some of their other pubs I noticed.

Are you looking at it portrait or landscape? Make sure your iPod is turned normally (portrait).
I noticed the same thing and mine is turned normally (landscape). :rofl:

If all the articles disappear in landscape mode you'd think there would be a warning or make the app portrait only. A lot of us lock our iPads in landscape and haven't switched it in years. I guess I'll have to wait for the next issue to try it out. I'm not about to download another 500mb to find out.

I noticed the same thing and mine is turned normally (landscape). :rofl:

If all the articles disappear in landscape mode you'd think there would be a warning or make the app portrait only. A lot of us lock our iPads in landscape and haven't switched it in years. I guess I'll have to wait for the next issue to try it out. I'm not about to download another 500mb to find out.

I did end up redownloading it, unlocking the screen rotation, and turning it to portrait, and indeed, all the text finally showed up. It's not a bad magazine at all, but that's a serious fail on their part.

I did end up redownloading it, unlocking the screen rotation, and turning it to portrait, and indeed, all the text finally showed up. It's not a bad magazine at all, but that's a serious fail on their part.

In their defense there was 3 pages that I saw that had instructions on how to use the tilt mechanism to view the different types of content.

Sounds pretty interesting. Off to the appstore to give it a try.

Nice magazine...

But 500 mb ?....

I hope the Ipad 3 will come with 256 GB of disk space....

In their defense there was 3 pages that I saw that had instructions on how to use the tilt mechanism to view the different types of content.

What, RTFM? that's so, like, 1980's dude.

We're glad you like the LOOP app! The reason we read in portrait and view extra material in landscape is that it gives you more opportunities to do something different. If you just replicate the same in both you miss an opportunitiy to give more content. But your replies are having an impact! We've decided to put more signage throughout the app so that we make people more aware of this feature. The latest issue is live now and the changes will come in on the next issue so let us know what you think. We're over in the States at least 8 times a year doing flight tests and features so if you have any suggestions you have the attention of the Editorial team!

We're glad you like the LOOP app! The reason we read in portrait and view extra material in landscape is that it gives you more opportunities to do something different. If you just replicate the same in both you miss an opportunitiy to give more content. But your replies are having an impact! We've decided to put more signage throughout the app so that we make people more aware of this feature. The latest issue is live now and the changes will come in on the next issue so let us know what you think. We're over in the States at least 8 times a year doing flight tests and features so if you have any suggestions you have the attention of the Editorial team!

I just downloaded the latest issue.

Great stuff !

Alon

I have a suggestion. If you're in the states doing flight tests, I suggest you invite me to fly with you!

Nice publication. :thumbsup:

You might be able to help. I'm trying to find someone who has used the Levil AHRS mini G for the iPad. It looks like a pretty cool bit of kit and we're doing a write up on it. It would be good to get the views of someone who's been using it.
I've tried dropping the owners a email but it keeps bouncing back.
Thanks

Sam

Back