Free Hot Dogs...

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
...and soda and water at 6Y9 this weekend.

We've got leftover from the August 5th event. I'll be there Friday afternoon through Monday.

N2212R said:
...and soda and water at 6Y9 this weekend.

We've got leftover from the August 5th event. I'll be there Friday afternoon through Monday.

...if only they had been refrigerated...

I'll be arriving early afternoon on Saturday. I will probably be running to Marquette on Sunday to pick Liz up after she gets off work. It may be late though.

I suppose you haven't installed lights yet? :) ... What is the latest time you think I can land there at night? If I can't get back in on Sunday night I'll probably stay in Marquette.

You've been in there a couple times, so you're familiar with the area, and approach and all that. I came in almost an hour after sunset one night.

jangell said:
I'll be arriving early afternoon on Saturday. I will probably be running to Marquette on Sunday to pick Liz up after she gets off work. It may be late though.

Would this be Hot Liz from the news Jesse :)

Inquiring minds want to know lol

Buy a set of these and I'll come help install them...

http://www.solarairportlights.com/

jangell said:

I suppose you haven't installed lights yet? :) ... What is the latest time you think I can land there at night? If I can't get back in on Sunday night I'll probably stay in Marquette.

Hey, hey, hey!

I like this whole favorable media image thing!

SCCutler said:
Hey, hey, hey!

I like this whole favorable media image thing!

I'm just trying to help general aviation out. I swear.

Jesse helps general aviation out, while he helps Liz out of...

Airnav says: - (ARPT STATUS) ARPT CLSD INDEFLY.

Airnav... nice that it's there, but I can tell you about one field at which they have had the wrong information (claims two runways where there is but one, claimed gravel when it's paved), been that way for at least three years, repeated entreaties from airport owner to Airnav, to fix it, no avail.

CapeCodJay said:
God help her if she ever lurked on the board LOL !

Haha... Hopefully..she does not!

SCCutler said:
Airnav... nice that it's there, but I can tell you about one field at which they have had the wrong information (claims two runways where there is but one, claimed gravel when it's paved), been that way for at least three years, repeated entreaties from airport owner to Airnav, to fix it, no avail.
Airnav gets the data from the FAA ATA CD. I imagine he doesn't even have a way to change it until he next CD comes out. I don't think it's updated on a 56 day cycle. The date of issue is there in the not so fine print.

FAA INFORMATION EFFECTIVE 03 AUGUST 2006

You remind us why we need to read the NOTAMS and have a AFD.

mdreger said:
Airnav says: - (ARPT STATUS) ARPT CLSD INDEFLY.

Seeing that I am the airport manager, I think I know whether it is open or not. :D It is NOTAMed as open when you call FSS. I notified the FAA (GRB FSS) about it being reopened on July 20th. ("We landed on the moon!") They said it should have been printed in the Aug 3 release of the A/FD (which is the same info that AirNav pulls from) but it was not, if you look in your green book. Calling Flight Service, they will let you know it is open and that the runway information published on Airnav and in the AF/D is not correct. The runways are in fair-good condition, the rough surface hs been eliminated, and the trees at the east end have been cut down.

The thresholds are still there, but are only awaiting an airport inspection and permission to remove the one for 28.

jangell said:
Haha... Hopefully..she does not!

Where, oh where is that "contact me" button on the news site? :rofl:

N2212R said:
Where, oh where is that "contact me" button on the news site? :rofl:

I've got her e-mail Ed... I'll take bids from you and Jesse as to whether or not I give it away. :D

mikea said:

Something tells me he found it on the internet. Or perhaps he found someone else from her company and is just matching the naming method for the e-mail address (jdoe@blah.com) for example.

And..actually it went the other way around. She asked me. I don't know what she was thinking.... :dunno:

I am looking at the weather and it looks like there may be a possiblity of weather seriously holding me up on Saturday.

It's possible that I may launch for 6Y9 after work tomorrow with a 6Y9 arrival of about 9:00 PM EST. I'll decide based on the forecast for Saturday tomorrow.

The only issue with doing this is it will increase my cost by about $300.

Last edited:
jangell said:
The only issue with doing this is it will increase my cost by about $300.

Geez Jess, you ned an airplane even more than I do (and that's bad) :(

Bill Jennings said:
Geez Jess, you ned an airplane even more than I do (and that's bad) :(
Yeah.. I do.. This rental stuff just doesn't make sense for how I fly anymore....Buying an airplane isn't an option for me right now though because "although you have a stable job, and could afford the payment, your lack of credit experience means we will be unable to look at the loan" ...Which means I'm probably screwed for a couple of years yet.

Right now plan on me arriving around 9:00PM EST tomorrow (Friday) ...If it's dark I'd appreciate some lighting..preferably something on the end of the runway facing the runway (for alignment). and something on the approach side lighting up the threshold (so i know where to touchdown). See you tomorrow!

Last edited:
jangell said:
Something tells me he found it on the internet. Or perhaps he found someone else from her company and is just matching the naming method for the e-mail address (jdoe@blah.com) for example.

No, she sent me an e-mail after I sent feedback to the station thanking them (and her) for having such a nice spot on GA. Got an e-mail from the boss first, then anothe from her.

Ed, you have the video of that digitized yet? :dunno:

flyingcheesehead said:
No, she sent me an e-mail after I sent feedback to the station thanking them (and her) for having such a nice spot on GA. Got an e-mail from the boss first, then anothe from her.

Smooth. I should have did that. See you tomorrow/tonight/whenever you are coming!

Back