Free Food!

gprellwitz

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Grant Prellwitz
With all the sad news this week, I thought I'd share a little good news.

Through 1/28/07, the Chipotle Grill on Weber Rd. in Bolingbrook, IL, about 1 mile from the airport (1C5), is offering FREE MEALS TO PILOTS! No coupon needed, just show your pilot license.:yes:

That's pretty decent... what's the occasion? Just trying to draw attention to folks around the airport?

That's pretty decent... what's the occasion? Just trying to draw attention to folks around the airport?
As far as I know, yes! I've taken advantage of it twice, and Leslie once. Nice going in, getting a big Burrito and a drink and not having to pay anything! The food is good, too.

I used to do courier work for their corporate office in Denver. I'm blown away how quickly they expanded and made across to the East Coast. Moe's started here and is moving rapidly as well. Both are awesome burritos. Moe's has a deal on Monday's where you get nearly a full-size buritto and a drink for five bucks. You save about 2.50 on that deal.

That's a safe offer to make, with so few pilots out there. I'd go out of my way to eat at such a place, though. I hope the concept catches on!

I hope to fly in and take advantage. No drinks for me though. Sorry, I am flying today.
:blueplane:

I hope to fly in and take advantage. No drinks for me though. Sorry, I am flying today.
:blueplane:
Well, the drink I had was a Diet Coke! Though they doe have beer and margaritas, I've never had any there, and don't know if they're free too. My sspicion is that they're not (for legal reasons), and the 100% off advertisement doesn't actually say anything about drinks at all.

That's a safe offer to make, with so few pilots out there. I'd go out of my way to eat at such a place, though. I hope the concept catches on!

They probably were thinking how many (airline jet) pilots could there be in the area? OOOPS!

Grant,

Is there any ground transportation available?

Well, I presume you have two good feet. It's your arm & hand I'm worried about! It's less than a mile to walk it. But no, there's no ground transportation, unless you can get someone to loan you their car or give you a ride.

And no, the owner of the franchise is quite aware of the airport. In fact, he provided food for the Illinois Aviation Meseum at Bolingbrook open house a few months back.

And no, the owner of the franchise is quite aware of the airport. In fact, he provided food for the Illinois Aviation Meseum at Bolingbrook open house a few months back.

I don't believe they are franchised. They are all corporate owned (Mcdonalds used to be the major stake holder until recently when they went public and decided to sell Chipotle to concentrate on hamburgers -silly them!). Chipotles are really popular here in Columbus, Ohio. They are all over the place and you can't get near one at lunch time, they are packed.

The Chipotle here has several days throughout the year you can stop in and get free burritos. One of the funnier things I've seen around sporting events in the area is a banner being towed by airplane that says "Hungry Pilot on board" then the Chipotle logo!

Did the owner know the pay scale for CFIs? He's bound to get some living there this week!

-Skip

OK then, from walking out the FBO entrance, how do we get there? Sounds like a deal to me. :yes:
Exit the parking lot, walk down the entrance road to the stop light. That's Weber. Cross the street and turn right. I think there's a sidewalk there; if not, walk straight until you get to the turnoff and then turn right. It's in the mall plaza just past the bank, facing Weber Road. Or, if you're there in the evening, give me a call and I'll drive you over and treat you!:yes: Had a Burrito and a Dos Equis today for $3.96. Yum!

Cell: aight won fife tree fife fife naught naught niner sicks

I wish more places would do that!

MEI (Meridian, MS) has free hot dogs and the cheapest fuel in the area. I've stopped there twice.

MEI (Meridian, MS) has free hot dogs and the cheapest fuel in the area. I've stopped there twice.
I stopped there for fuel in a business jet and they not only offered chili dogs to us, but to all our passengers as well. :yes:

I stopped there for fuel in a business jet and they not only offered chili dogs to us, but to all our passengers as well. :yes:
Oh boy! I'll bet THAT was a fun ride home! We used to drill "SMOKE AND FUMES" emergency procedures regularly after a gift like that!

Back