Franklin, TN

teethdoc

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
teethdoc
I need to be in Franklin, TN next week during rush hour and flying home at rush hour. What's my best airport? I've flown into JT and BNA a few times, so I'm leaning towards one of those, but don't know traffic in Nashville to and from.

:yeahthat: Leave the airport, head south on 155, east on 40, east on 440, south on 65. You'll be in Franklin in about 30 minutes during morning rush hour. Figure about an hour during evening rush hour.

I live in Franklin...Smyrna is also an option (haven't compared fees or anything between KMQY AND KJWN though, so can't help you there). You would just take I-24 east to 840 west towards Franklin and then get off at Arno and take that to Franklin. Just don't even think about going anywhere near I-65 south of highway 96 in Franklin because we had a fuel tanker truck run into an overpass a week or 2 ago...giant fireball, 2 bridges out of commission. 65 south of Franklin was already a nightmare, now its worse..

I will tell you this, living in Franklin and having the choice of flying out of KJWN or KMQY based purely upon time en route and rush hour traffic patterns, I've chosen KMQY. I-24 isn't too bad during rush hour once you get out towards Smyrna, and 840 is usually empty.

Back