Franklin Co. Airport Director Charged With Stealing Parts

HPNFlyGirl

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iBrookieMonster
http://wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/2960002/

Louisburg, N.C. — The director of Franklin County's airport has resigned amid allegations she stole a propeller off a plane owned by her estranged husband.

Leigh Osborn resigned shortly after being charged with the crime by the Franklin County Sheriff's office.

County officials have not yet named a replacement for her at the airport.

What a shame. LHZ used to be such a fun place to fly about 5 years ago.
yes.gif

She was one of my ground school instructors.
eek.gif

http://wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/2960002/

Louisburg, N.C. — The director of Franklin County's airport has resigned amid allegations she stole a propeller off a plane owned by her estranged husband.

Leigh Osborn resigned shortly after being charged with the crime by the Franklin County Sheriff's office.

County officials have not yet named a replacement for her at the airport.

What a shame. LHZ used to be such a fun place to fly about 5 years ago.
yes.gif

She was one of my ground school instructors.
eek.gif
Kind of bizarre. Removing a propeller is a non-trivial task. Especially if you want to be able to re-use it. Bet there is a lot more to this story.

If the story is true, she could be facing federal charges as well. Jeopardy would not be attached.

Well, let's hope they sort it out quickly. I'm heading down June 8th for a graduation. Now if I could only find some wheels. Brook, do you rememebr if they have a curtesy car?

I'll call down today between plan reviews, I needed a break so I figured I would read the forums.

Doh - I had met her a couple of times but didn't know her all that well. I hope LHZ stays in good shape though...

Kind of bizarre. Removing a propeller is a non-trivial task. Especially if you want to be able to re-use it. Bet there is a lot more to this story.

Snip some safety wire and remove 6 bolts. The whole story is quite clear with the inclusion of 2 words "estranged husband".... All women are psycho....:yes::rofl::p

Snip some safety wire and remove 6 bolts. The whole story is quite clear with the inclusion of 2 words "estranged husband".... All women are psycho....:yes::rofl::p
Or maybe she heard that he was fixin' to take that plane somewhere and hide it or sell it or something... and she figured she knew ONE way to stop that plan(e) in its tracks! :D

Well, let's hope they sort it out quickly. I'm heading down June 8th for a graduation. Now if I could only find some wheels.

Just look for the plane with no prop. It can't fly, so you might as well take its wheels. :D

Just look for the plane with no prop. It can't fly, so you might as well take its wheels. :D

They was that Seneca parked in Janesville(?) where the guy took it upon himself to take parts that may be useful for his homebuilt. He had one engine, gear, the avionics....

I finally lugged the metal junk left by the previous homeowner along with some of mine to the local "recycling center." There was a considerable amount of the front end of a BMW, plus my old iron sump pump, etc. Even though the guy at the scale laughed that I didn't have much, I got $15.

In the meantime I got to see the endpoint of the scrap metal bums system. A pickup was full of aluminum gutters - 'cause ya know, you just see piles of those for the taking at the curb all of time. They laughed 'cause one guy had an old milking gadget (ditto).

I wonder why none of these bums has tried to reclaim the aluminum in a "abandoned" airplane.

Back