Fraid of heights?

An artificial beach next to the ocean? That's just wrong. It's the results of too many TV couch potato's that are totally disconnected from reality IMO.
Lost the tennis ball in dubai did we? :rofl: Sorry dude, it's GONE.

Those weren't too bad.
Horrific drops with no safety or lots of empty air, no biggie.
Add safety equipment and it's just an interesting view.

It's all about technique and reasonable precautions if something doesn't go quite right.
The bicycle bit near the end with the dropoff is a bit much though. The height is no big deal, I've been in a lot worse situations than that. It's the complete lack of margin for error on a minor tire footing slip.

Add an engine to the wheels and, well, THIS is just insane: :sosp::loco:

Attachments

• Crazy-ArchesRide1.jpg
    Crazy-ArchesRide1.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 44
  • Crazy-ArchesRide2.jpg
    Crazy-ArchesRide2.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 45
Hey! What's that on the rider's back??!

Attachments

• Crazy-ArchesRide1.jpg
    Crazy-ArchesRide1.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 61
We have a saying for some of these folks "Nothing in the Kitchen!"

When the beach at Waikiki gets washed away by storms, Columbia River sand is barged in.

The Columbia is the world's greatest sand producing river.

I saw the Vegas one (from the safety of the ground) last weekend.
The bicycling ones make my knees quiver and bring me to the ground.

Can you imagine millions to make an artificial beach....a half mile from a real beach!?

be sure to click ''Full" to get the full screen view.

http://www.slideshare.net/guestf24518/fraid-of-heights-presentation/

I've read that the majority of pilots are actually afraid of heights.

Personally, I start to feel queasy above about 5 stories. Pressing my nose to the glass of the John Hancock building in Chicago took every ounce of will-power I could muster -- and I was unable to hike more than a mile into the Grand Canyon. By the end of the hike, my kids were skipping along the trail without a care, while I was inching my way forward only by facing away from the canyon...

Yet, the next day I flew the family over the Canyon for more than two hours. Go figure...

Three steps up the ladder to fuel a Cessna makes me nervous, but having a door beside me in flight I am much calmer. Go figure, doesn't make sense to me either!! DaveR

Slides 25-29, on the mountainside with planks and chains.... yikes. Looks like plenty of people were doing it. Where was that? Looked like somewhere in the Far East.

The tennis thing was only a temporary deal to celebrate some opening of a major tennis something or other. Obviously--there would be some safety issues with any random idiot up there playing.

the planks, yes - I believe China - I posted a link to the whole series last spring, I think it was.

I'm not afraid of heights, I'm just afraid of edges...

Exposure without projection is what freaks me out. If I know I am secure, I don't worry so much.

I would be OK with the chains and boards path if I had a harness on and clipped myself to the chains with a couple of safety lines as I went along...

Riding a mountain bike along a sheer cliff? Now that's nuts. I recently saw a video of a mountain biker who lost it along a cliff, but he was lucky that it wasn't a completely vertical drop and he only got banged up pretty good from his fall. If one of those guys went off the cliff in these photos, that would be the end.

I'm totally afraid of heights. The rub is that my job requires me to climb towers and other high elevations at times. The views are great but even with a safety harness I still shake.

Attachments

• Camera Upload Photos 102_294928803077212935.jpg
    Camera Upload Photos 102_294928803077212935.jpg
    317.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1074.JPG
    IMG_1074.JPG
    644.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1076.JPG
    IMG_1076.JPG
    614.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0111.JPG
    IMG_0111.JPG
    743.1 KB · Views: 20
I can't get the thing to load for me. When I click on it, the page comes up, but the little "loading" thing goes around and around and nothing happens. By the way, I'm afraid of heights too.

Slides 25-29, on the mountainside with planks and chains.... yikes. Looks like plenty of people were doing it. Where was that? Looked like somewhere in the Far East.

A form of that is quite popular in the Alps, known as via ferrata. Harness, helmet, and long ladders up cliff faces.

Cheers,

-Andrew

I can't get the thing to load for me. When I click on it, the page comes up, but the little "loading" thing goes around and around and nothing happens. By the way, I'm afraid of heights too.

it won't let me upload a ppt here. pm your email address and I will send
troy I don't see what you posted, last post.

OK apparently I've lost that functionality recently...just another broken electronic thing for me. I guess I overuse my electrons or something.

see! Things DO 'just happen' to computers! I never uninstalled Adobe Flash!

This firefox you speak of....will it do what netscape will?
Provide a mail browser and internet browser all-in-one?

Do you mean a Mail Client? Any modern internet browser will allow you to use web mail, and most email services have a webmail format available and you actually pay extra for POP3.

Dave, the Mozilla team split that out a long time ago. Firefox is their modern browser which is actually much faster. Thunderbird is their mail client. Merging them into one product wastes memory.

Last edited:
>Switch to Firefox 3..you'll never go back

Except for those (hopefully few) pages that only work with IE. (>-{

Back