Fox and kits at our house

gibbons

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iRide
We discovered a den in our yard and I thought you animal lovers out there would enjoy some photos.

Attachments

• DSC_0067.JPG
    DSC_0067.JPG
    735.5 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC_0068.JPG
    DSC_0068.JPG
    728.6 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC_0081.JPG
    DSC_0081.JPG
    746.8 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC_0087.JPG
    DSC_0087.JPG
    759.2 KB · Views: 53
Wow...how adorable! Great pictures! I wish we had foxes here...we've only seen them pass through on occasion. Is the one in the third photo the momma? She looks so skinny. They almost look like cats.

Just remember to keep the cats inside now...
Beth, what happens with cats? They look too small to bother cats.

Besides, I don't think that Chip has cats. :no:

Neat stuff Chip. Miss seein that stuff in the big city. Most of the wild life we notice is road kill.

Best,

Dave

y'all have much in the way of rabies out where you live? Foxes are quite the carrier, so be advised...

and yeah, they're cute as buttons! Those bright, bright eyes... :D

#3 looks unhealthy somehow....skinny....malnurished! Someone needs to get that fox a homecooked meal!

But #4 might be cutest unposed animal picture I've seen in a LOOONG time.

I meant to mention you obviously used a good camera/lens.

Nikon D100 eh? And that's a spiffy lens you used on it - good DOF!

I've got a family in my backyard as well. Hard to get pictures though, their den is inside of a thicket, and with the dogs in the neighboorhood, they're only out at night. Caught a glimpse of the kits one morning before I went to work, but they were not more than 3 feet from the den.

We've had some rabid foxes in the DC burbs. Beware.

Great pics (I love foxes!), but yes, keep your distance- they could be carrying all sorts of things, and you don't want them getting too comfy around you; that'll be trouble for them and you.

...what happens with cats? They look too small to bother cats.

A couple of houses ago, every couple of months we'd wake up in the middle of the night to hear something outside dying a terrible death and not taking it gracefully. We eliminated the Hound of the Baskervilles and Vincent Price as possibilities. After a couple of years we woke up one morning to find a fox snoozing in the middle of the garden. Mystery solved. If you have wild predators around, keep Fluffy indoors at night.

Regards,
Joe

Back