Found on the lake bottom?

DaveA

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
DaveA
As a long time resident of this area and having been around the aviation community here since I was a kid, I seem to remember something about a ditching of perhaps a C150 that was difficult to locate on the bottom so it was abandoned. IIRC this was in the late Sixties or early Seventies, and sonar and other means of underwater location wasn't terribly easy to obtain and use for such a thing, especially if there was no loss of life. It's going to be interesting to see what comes of this.

http://m.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/faa-aircraft-found-lake-norman/nZ3wN/

Film at Eleven...

According to the update at 11pm divers checked the airframe for remains etc (nothing) and apparently noted the N-number. FAA is said to be researching it; reference was made to the N-number having been reassigned.

Latest news- TV station says they have been contacted by a woman that says its hers. Gotta watch at 11pm to see 'the rest of the story'.

I think I might know who it is....hmmmm.

Latest news- TV station says they have been contacted by a woman that says its hers. Gotta watch at 11pm to see 'the rest of the story'.

I think I might know who it is....hmmmm.

She just misplaced it in the lake? :dunno:

Maybe she parked it there and forgot where she left it????? Happens in Malls all the time.

Back