Found old IFR DVD course, how much change?

Jthamilton

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Okie182
So while going through some old boxes while preparing for move to Colorado I found some old study materials.

Before I quit flying in early 2005 I had purchased a jeppeson commercial text and king Ifr course in 2004. I'm curious how much has changed in last 7-8 years. I assume the gps approaches have evolved quite a bit. I do have some current materials but have misplaced some of the discs.

Is this something I can still use to learn the basics or anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

I wasn't flying in 2004, so i can't help you with how much has changed.
However, King schools does (did?) have a trade in program where you can trade an old course for the current version at something like a 50% discount. If you decide enough has changed that it's worth getting new materials, call them up and ask for details.

It will work for the basics, but you'll need to update your information on the written test, as they've added a lot of questions on icing and GPS.

Even if you buy the new ones, a lot of those old lessons are the same.. And there are still several out of date in the new stuff..

That's comforting!

Well they are, and I have looked at all of them. They just don't keep up with all of the rules, much less the written questions...

Hell, the printed FAR doesn't even keep up with the rules, so what do you expect? :)

Back