Found my future home.

Can we visit?
That is either a big hangar or a little airplane.
My friend just bought a DA40. Then he bought a hangar home to put it in. Then he found out he didn't want to push the 39' wingspan through the 39.5 hangar door opening. (it was advertised as 41 ft door but the opening machinery took up about 9 inches on each side.

You can have it. It's in Taxachusets

There is a little airport just north of the Massachusetts border that at one time was trying to develop a fly-in community. Brookline Airport is a short narrow runway (1926x24) that as I recall had a significant limitation landing from the south.
There is a very nice pancake place just up the road from there.

Can we visit?
My friend just bought a DA40. Then he bought a hangar home to put it in. Then he found out he didn't want to push the 39' wingspan through the 39.5 hangar door opening. (it was advertised as 41 ft door but the opening machinery took up about 9 inches on each side.

Go to the next page in the article (or maybe the second next page). That there's a 4-plane hangar with a rotating airplane carousel.

I'd rather have this. http://www.sothebysrealty.com/eng/sales/detail/180-l-909-20751916/americas-premier-luxury-fy-in-community-sandpoint-id-83864

imagereader.aspx

I bet they throw in a nice little property tax bill too.

You can have it. It's in Taxachusets

You beat me to it.

I really like 5B6, but Taxachusetts is not the friendliest state to aviation (not to mention Constitutional rights).

I wonder of that aircraft carousel has a "Surprise Me" button to randomly pick the steed-of-the-day?

Can we visit?

That big hanger has a carousel with 4 aircraft on it.

There is a little airport just north of the Massachusetts border that at one time was trying to develop a fly-in community. Brookline Airport is a short narrow runway (1926x24) that as I recall had a significant limitation landing from the south.
There is a very nice pancake place just up the road from there.

Flew into Brookline back in the 70s, looked it up on Google Earth, it hasn't changed.

It might be an option at retirement, about 8 yrs to go.

We've still got empty lots on our strip (north of CLT about 5 S of SVH), NC26.

House-Snow.JPG

11119618454_f4dabeb293.jpg

7138523029_20cef7c360.jpg

Yes, my neighbor Rich (I was going to post a picture he took of my house over his shoulder in a acrobatic maneuver in his Rans over the airpark) has a rather nice log house (though he stick built the hangar).

Our HOA is pretty lenient with the architectural restrictions. Ours is not a cookie cutter, everybody do a stucco plans built home. We've got all sorts of things from people with houses built up over their hangars to grand southern homes with 4000 sf detached hangars.

Back