For Sale: Club Membership Fort Sam Houston Flying Club

BFish

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
BFish
Fort Sam Houston Flying Club is private partnership owning a single Cessna 172M, which we hangar at GateOne (the FBO) at Stinson Airport, San Antonio, Texas.
We currently have eight members who equally share equity ownership in the club and we are trying to increase the number of members to ten or twelve. The minimum requirement is a valid Private Pilots License, due to insurance reasons. The club owns one 1975 Cessna 172M. The plane has approximately 8,800 total Airframe hours and the engine has approximately 800 hours SMOH.
We recently have redone most of the interior and in my opinion both the interior and exterior are in good shape.
Most members of the club are instrument rated, and can provide great mentoring as you work on your IFR. We maintain the aircraft to be IFR current with a Garmin GTN-650 (GPS, COMM, NAV, Multi-function display), KX-155 radio for Comm2/Nav2, GMA-345 audio panel, and GTX-345 transponder with ADSB-In. And for you vintage types, the ADF still works.

If you are interested in joining the club, and if you want to see the airplane, please contact me. We will be happy to show it to you.

Bill Fisher
President
Fort Sam Houston Flying Club
San Antonio, Texas

Fort Sam Houston Flying Club is private partnership owning a single Cessna 172M, which we hangar at GateOne (the FBO) at Stinson Airport, San Antonio, Texas.
We currently have eight members who equally share equity ownership in the club and we are trying to increase the number of members to ten or twelve. The minimum requirement is a valid Private Pilots License, due to insurance reasons. The club owns one 1975 Cessna 172M. The plane has approximately 8,800 total Airframe hours and the engine has approximately 800 hours SMOH.
We recently have redone most of the interior and in my opinion both the interior and exterior are in good shape.
Most members of the club are instrument rated, and can provide great mentoring as you work on your IFR. We maintain the aircraft to be IFR current with a Garmin GTN-650 (GPS, COMM, NAV, Multi-function display), KX-155 radio for Comm2/Nav2, GMA-345 audio panel, and GTX-345 transponder with ADSB-In. And for you vintage types, the ADF still works.

If you are interested in joining the club, and if you want to see the airplane, please contact me. We will be happy to show it to you.

Bill Fisher
President
Fort Sam Houston Flying Club
San Antonio, Texas
How much does the membership cost? What are the other costs? I may be moving from California. Checking out the options.

@Tom Springston --- First, Welcome to PoA!!! And congrats for coming to your senses and moving to Texas.

Next, It looks like Bill Fisher hasn't been back to PoA since he made that post, so he may not respond to your query.

But I did find some links that might aid in making contact with the club

If you ever find yourself up in the DFW area, there are several PoA folks who'd be happy to link up with you for some hangar flying and telling of tall shaggy dog tales.

Back