For Sale: Aircraft Forming SR22 partnership Atlanta - PDK / FTY

wayne

Pattern Altitude
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
wayne
We were planning on waiting until the house sold, but I've been having issues with rental planes; scheduling, maintenance, condition. So, my wife said earlier today, "we need to see about fixing your plane situation". :D

I'd like to find a good partner or two and settle on a price point or even a plane. I could just go buy one and then look for partners, but I'd prefer to get an agreement. One I don't if I can find partners that can put in $75k, $100k or $150k. So I could buy too much or not enough and not end up with a partner or two.

To me a 2008 G3 with a clean wing and AC would be ideal. There was one on the market recently, but it seems to have been pulled; still flying in the same area and I don't see a registration change. The GFC 700 AP that is part of the Perspective system is amazing. The clean wing is a little faster, plus there are some weight savings in the 2008 G3 model (and not having TKS) bringing the useful load back up. That was a $375k plane.

One of the planes I'm renting is a G5 with AC and that's really nice in the summer heat. Sitting at the hold-short line in Florida while you are sweating profusely is not fun. Or going out and shooting approaches and not worried about being hot while down low.

I'm also fine with an earlier model if I can't find partners that can buy into that price range.

I've never flown a turbo and never used TKS, so those are just not "have-to-have" for me. YMMV. I doubt either my wife or Angel Flight passengers would be wild about cannulas, so not sure a turbo will help much for me. Flying via general aviation is my favorite way to travel, plus I do Angel Flight missions. This means that useful load is important to me, so a sub-1,000 lbs useful load is not good and a sub 900 lbs is just out of the question; which nixes those G2 turbo/TKS/AC combos.

Our new place is closest to FTY. I've been flying out of PDK for the past 2 or 3 years and that works well too. PDK has t-hangars, but there's a wait. FTY seems to only have group hangars. RYY would be my third choice, but a distant third to FTY and PDK.

Help me get out of these rentals and back to more regular travel and Angel Flight missions.

I must have missed a post somewhere. You don't have the twin any longer?

I must have missed a post somewhere. You don't have the twin any longer?

I was renting it; non-equity partnership kind of thing. We got really busy with the home downsizing and I knew I wouldn't fly as much as I normally do for a while, so I dropped out of that. I've only flown about 60% or so of what I normally do so far this year. Probably a good thing as it then had a big annual and was down for quite a bit.

Now the only thing left is to get the house sold. It's "fixed-up" (painted, new carpet, etc.) and the new home is getting into shape. We just got blinds installed last weekend.

I am intersted. I just relocated to Atlanta a few miles from PDK. I have a monthly budget of $1000-1500 through my business for flying.

Are you interested in a twin? I’m based out of KRYY, but would be willing to drive to KFTY to keep a twin in a hangar. I have a family of five and need more than an sr22.

Sorry, I ended up buying into a SR22 partnership last fall. It's based up at RYY.

Back