Wanted: Partnership Forming A Partnership Fort Worth, TX - IFR Plane

BrntWltrs

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
BrntWltrs
In the process of developing a partnership for 6 people in the north Fort Worth, Texas area (Meacham, Alliance, Roanoke or Denton). I am floating a balloon here to see if there is any interest. The model / mission is to provide a reliable airplane at a reasonable hourly wet rate and low monthly fee, for training and time building.

I have found several IFR, 4 seat and clean aircraft with low SMOH that fit within the parameters of the model, i.e. C172, Warrior II and Cherokee. Granted these planes are not going to be state of the art with glass cockpits, but the mission is reliable, training and time building. Based on the calculations, we are looking at approximately $89.00 / hr. wet and $100.00 a month in fees per person. I have also included a $500.00 initial deposit for initial administration and unforeseen upfront expenses. I am more than happy to share the spreadsheet.

If you have any interest in discussing, please don't hesitate in sending me a PM.

Brent

1) Post this on the Facebook Group North Texas Aviators. You will find many interested folks there.

2) Also, let Pat Brown, the AOPA Ambassador for Texas, know of what you're doing. Pat does a lot of good work to get clubs and co-ownerships up and running. He also has lots of professional service resources you may need/want (CPA, Aviation Lawyer, etc). Pat.Brown@aopa.org

3) Insurance for 6 members/owners will likely get you classified as a club versus a partnership. Insurance premiums for a club can be substantially higher.

4) Consider looking at aircraft larger than the "trainers" you listed, such as C182's, Dakotas, 235's, Cherokee Six, etc. There are already several entities on the west side of DFW offering the lower end airplanes for similar cost structure if not a bit less. But there is very little competition for the larger "go places" aircraft.

Thank you for the great information AggieMike88, greatly appreciated.

I will also do some research on the larger "go places" aircraft and see how those work into the model.

A little back story. My son is 16 and plans to make a career in commercial aviation and I am would like to at least get my PPL and IFR. Given that I have 20+ years in accounting, finance and management and the need to build cool things; I thought it might be great to form a partnership, share costs and camaraderie.

Thanks again AggieMike88.
Brent

Splitting and sharing the costs is the affordable way to do this... no issues at all with that plan. In fact, I'm in 16-member group with 2 airplanes at KDTO. And @Ravioli is an officer with a club at KFTW. Both of us will tell you that because of the membership in these groups, we are able to have access to aircraft we couldn't afford to own/operate solo.

For your son, start digging into what is offered at Tarrant County Community College and their "new" campus at KAFW. I know of several folks going through that program and one or two already have some very promising job opportunities with Part 121's and Part 135's. All of them are happy with the quality both their education and flight instruction.

If you ever want to set up a time to chat in person let me know.

For insurance, check in with a local broker, Chad Smolik, www.aviationinsuranceexperts.com, 682-583-0474

Several local clubs, owners, and renters use him and are happy with the results and service.

Glad to know that I am not crazy in my assumptions, lol! I figured this model could be scalable to 1) bring in additional folks and 2) additional aircraft at a later date.

Given that we live in Keller, we have certainly looked into the TCC flight program, however, I have heard mix reviews. I am glad to hear that you have seen differently. It would be great to get Nick his PPL and perhaps IFR before starting college, but we will see how this all plays out.

My number is 817-980-5916. I would absolutely love to chat more about your group ownership experiences and aviation in general.

Brent

For Nick's PPL, go visit Tamara Griffith at Fox Aviation over at Propwash (near Justin). She is one of the best instructors on the west side of town.

Another resource.... talk to someone who has already done what you are about to embark on. Go visit Sherman Gardner of In The Pattern based at Denton, http://inthepattern.com/. He can help provide information about all of his successes and the potholes/landmines you are going to encounter. Sherman@ShermanGardner.com, 214.417.3845

Man! Thank you again and again Mike.

Hey Brent! I’m an A&P and I have a friend who is a CFI, CFII and MEI. He and I are trying to work something out so that I can go for my PPL. He could also instruct your son and we could work something out. I’d love a Cherokee 160 and i also have a broker friend if that’s of help. I have a baby coming so I’m of course trying to find the best deal to keep my goals going haha

In the process of developing a partnership for 6 people in the north Fort Worth, Texas area (Meacham, Alliance, Roanoke or Denton). I am floating a balloon here to see if there is any interest. The model / mission is to provide a reliable airplane at a reasonable hourly wet rate and low monthly fee, for training and time building.

I have found several IFR, 4 seat and clean aircraft with low SMOH that fit within the parameters of the model, i.e. C172, Warrior II and Cherokee. Granted these planes are not going to be state of the art with glass cockpits, but the mission is reliable, training and time building. Based on the calculations, we are looking at approximately $89.00 / hr. wet and $100.00 a month in fees per person. I have also included a $500.00 initial deposit for initial administration and unforeseen upfront expenses. I am more than happy to share the spreadsheet.

If you have any interest in discussing, please don't hesitate in sending me a PM.

Brent

Bought a great 182q (mid time AF & E, ADSB, 430, STEC-30 w/ah) and bringing her to T67 next week. Looking for 2 partners...pm if interested.

I know I am late to this discussion, but looking to join a partnership in a small trainer to help my sons get some time and experience. I am a former harrier pilot and current airline pilot looking to get a CFI to ease the instructor cost.... Although, my son being 15, knows more than I do, so I may be looking for a CFI really soon! :)

I know I am late to this discussion, but looking to join a partnership in a small trainer to help my sons get some time and experience. I am a former harrier pilot and current airline pilot looking to get a CFI to ease the instructor cost.... Although, my son being 15, knows more than I do, so I may be looking for a CFI really soon! :)
If you are close to Denton, check out www.inthepattern.com for aircraft rentals. Then call the owner, Sherman Gardner to discuss your plan to have training conducted. If you don't have CFI credentials, he has two really good ones as part of his organization.

I don't yet have my flight instructor credentials, but do have my ground instructor certificates. So if you need help in that area, I'd love to offer my services.

There is a strong community group for North Texas on Facebook. If you send me your email address via private message, I'll get you added in. That would be a another good venue to ask your question and find the right solution for you.

If you are close to Denton, check out www.inthepattern.com for aircraft rentals. Then call the owner, Sherman Gardner to discuss your plan to have training conducted. If you don't have CFI credentials, he has two really good ones as part of his organization.

I don't yet have my flight instructor credentials, but do have my ground instructor certificates. So if you need help in that area, I'd love to offer my services.

There is a strong community group for North Texas on Facebook. If you send me your email address via private message, I'll get you added in. That would be a another good venue to ask your question and find the right solution for you.

Thanks Mike,

I guess Denton is probably the closest airport that has instruction. We are very close to Bridgeport Muni. Finding a partner out of Bridgeport would be ideal, but Denton is only about an hour away... I have PMd you with contact details to be added to the facebook page. Many thanks, Sir!

@Troy Kehoe -- Bridgeport is a nice airport, and some of the lowest price fuel for the area. I've been to the local 50's style hamburger joint a few times too.

I have a few friends who hangar at the Decatur airport between us. I will ask them if they know of any CFI's taking primary students.

There is also an active glider operation between us. Having the young man get his license for Glider would be a good use of time as you figure out who and where for his private pilot flying.

Back