FORM 337

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
The PDF form at
http://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/media/Form/FAA_Form_337.pdf

Will not allow me to fill out block 8 all other blocks 1-7 work.

Is it me or them?

Would you please see if it allows you to type in block.

I can fill out the N number block and the Date but nothing more. It is supposed to.

Who would you report these problems to.?

As a work-around, I am able to edit when opened with OpenOffice:

Attachments

• FAA_Form_337 P3.pdf
    30.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
hm, I can't open my own pdf above unless I right click, Save Link Target...but that does work.

Attachments

• example.jpg
    example.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 9
so....maybe yer not dew'in it right? :D

Attachments

• 337 page 2 wheel farings.JPG
    337 page 2 wheel farings.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Those of you that can work it, are you using "Windows"

send me the wording you want I will put it in for you and get you a pdf back shortly.
Then we can work on why your computer isn't doing it.

send me the wording you want I will put it in for you and get you a pdf back shortly.
Then we can work on why your computer isn't doing it.

I can make entries into every block except #8

Using a MAC

Tom, the last several versions of Adobe Reader for Windows (i.e., not a new feature...been around a while) include "Fill & Sign" tools that allow you to input text and signature anywhere you want to on any PDF document, whether it's been enabled for editing or not. Using that feature, I can add a text box to block 8 and type there.

I would bet the latest Mac version of Reader has the equivalent capability, but since I'm not a Mac user, I can't point you to it exactly.

ok, as I said - pm it to me and you will get a pdf back today

I have filled out the 337 except block #8 printed it and filled out block 8 by hand.

now trying to find out why I can't use the FAA PDF.

Tom, the last several versions of Adobe Reader for Windows (i.e., not a new feature...been around a while) include "Fill & Sign" tools that allow you to input text and signature anywhere you want to on any PDF document, whether it's been enabled for editing or not. Using that feature, I can add a text box to block 8 and type there.

I would bet the latest Mac version of Reader has the equivalent capability, but since I'm not a Mac user, I can't point you to it exactly.

Seems to me we should not have to go to that much trouble to use the PDF as posted. We never had to before.

Seems to me we should not have to go to that much trouble to use the PDF as posted. We never had to before.

It's not really any trouble at all. When I double-click on the file, my version of Reader opens with the Fill & Sign tools available on the toolbar. It's literally one button click to change to "add text" mode, then one click in block 8, and start typing.

It's not your computer, they screwed up the form. Here's a blank one I saved from 2009, it'll work for you.

Attachments

• 337 form blank.pdf
    73.6 KB · Views: 7
It's not really any trouble at all. When I double-click on the file, my version of Reader opens with the Fill & Sign tools available on the toolbar. It's literally one button click to change to "add text" mode, then one click in block 8, and start typing.

Why should I be required to add any programs to my computer to use Gov. forms?

Why should I be required to add any programs to my computer to use Gov. forms?

I don't know what programs you're using. PDF is a format created by Adobe, and the current version of Adobe Reader is 11. I think the Text&Sign tools have been available since at least v10, which came out four years ago.

I offered you a way to solve your own problem. Glad someone else was able to solve it for you, instead.

It's typical webmaster shenanigans. They just can't leave well enough alone, always fiddling with stuff. The FAA site is particularly bad on this, by the time you figure out where something is they have moved it and your saved hyper-links are no longer of any use. This irks me, especially on a government site that is there for public use, not to impress anyone with glitzy pop down menus or flashy graphics.

Just give me the beef.

Anyway, somewhere buried among all of the schnazz there's a link to report issues like this. Good luck finding it.

Back