Form 1095-B

luvflyin

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Luvflyin
Employer sent me one. That's the one that say's you have Health Coverage. What's the point? The Individual Mandate is gone. Supreme Court undid that a few years ago. Is there some other use for it other than to prove you have Health insurance?

I don't believe that the individual mandate is gone. It still exists but there's a $0 penalty for not complying (which the Supreme Court found to be constitutional). Because there's technically still a mandate, the insurance companies may still be required to send out the forms.

Ok. Don't get what the point of reporting it is if there's no penalty.
The penalty was just a small portion. "Minimum essential coverage" is still valid and some people need the 1095-B for eligibility toward tax credits. 1095-A is issued by any Marketplace is insurance purchased from there and there is a 1095-C for large employers. The ACA law infiltrated many different layers and unfortunately connected a number of them directly to the IRS.

The government refuses to introduce Time To Live into legislation...
I’ve always believed every law should have an expiration date, and it should be short, like a decade or two max, and not adjustable. You should have to spend energy to renew it if everyone still thinks it’s good. Keeps the lawbooks leaner and more meaningful. Complete opposite of constitutional rights, they are forever.

Last edited:
Back