Forgot to list an old appointment.

U

Unregistered

I made dumb mistake. On my last medical, I forgot to list a routine eye appointment that I had that was just within the 3 year period asked. At the time, I'd misremembered the date, thinking that it had occurred a few months prior. I was going through old papers getting ready to shred stuff and had noticed the actual date. Then it dawned on me what the implications were.

I go to get my eyes checked every 5-10 years. This time there were no problems found with my vision as usual. 20/20 uncorrected.

How do I fix this discrepancy? Do I need to do anything, disclose it on a future medical (even though it has now been well past the 3 years), send something to the FAA or should I just make a note of it and disclose if ever asked? Needless to say, keeping a record of all dates in Excel is the policy going forward.

According to the instructions you do not need to list routine eye examinations.

As to geting your eyes checked every 5 to 10 years - since you can afford to fly you should spend the extra time and money getting your eyes checked a tad more often than that.

I'd just wait until next flight physical, if it hasn't scrolled off the 3 years.
Right now the agency will get to your correction, but it'll be MONTHS. :(

OP here.

Jim: Good point. Perhaps that is what was going through my mind at the time since I would have had the form, and the instructions, in-hand (my last one was before the MedXPress thing became policy). Although I think I must have genuinely forgot. I should get eye checkups more often; you are right.

Bruce: It scrolled off the three years a long time ago.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back