Forgot to Close Flight Plan

I like real beer, but just can't drink it. Too many calories. The only exception is Tiger beer, found in Southeast Asia. I can drink that stuff and lose weight. But on the other hand I'm not eating over there like I do here.

So here I drink either wine or scotch. I've been hella quaffing Jameson these days.

Beer seems too filling for me now days, so I usually drink red wine. Still, there is nothing like a cold beer after flying on a hot summer day.

Beer seems too filling for me now days, so I usually drink red wine. Still, there is nothing like a cold beer after flying on a hot summer day.

True dat aight. I've always been pretty big in to reds, but I've been in to Sauvignon Blancs and Fume Blancs lately. Grgch Hills makes a mother****ing good Fume, I have to say. Converted me. Make sure to close your flight plan when you fly in to KAPC to pick some up.

First you start off by not closing flight plans, next thing you know, your out running over chocks!

That's why you have to skip dinner. The added calories will make up for it anyway.:wink2:

First you start off by not closing flight plans, next thing you know, your out running over chocks!

Don't laugh - my previous plane didn't have a reliable parking brake, and some of the times when I've had to jump start it in cold weather by myself, I'd chain and chock it, start it, secure the cable and car, make sure there was plenty slack in all the chains and none were holding the airplane, do a quick dechain and jump in the plane, then power it over the chocks.

I like real beer, but just can't drink it. Too many calories. The only exception is Tiger beer, found in Southeast Asia. I can drink that stuff and lose weight. But on the other hand I'm not eating over there like I do here.

So here I drink either wine or scotch. I've been hella quaffing Jameson these days.

Jameson scotch?

gallery_1_146_10685.jpeg

What in the world did pilots do before cellphones? The horror...

Used to be (Maybe Wally or Steve can confirm this) that a requirement for getting an approach into an uncontrolled field was a public phone (could be a pay phone, could be a direct line somewhere).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back